A short time from now in a Galaxy not far away... - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

What do you think?
    Personally this is underscoring my choice for the HTC One but I'm very interested to hear what those that want wireless charging think of this quote:

"ERP/EIRP was tested with both the standard battery cover and the wireless charging cover. A definite caveat, the wireless charging cover reduces ERP/EIRP by up to 6 dB. Most likely, the induction coil in the wireless charging cover absorbs some of the transmitted RF, thus reducing the radiated power. For some users, the convenience of wireless charging may outweigh the hit to wireless performance. But S4GRU cannot generally recommend wireless charging due to its inefficiency (much power is wasted as heat) and detriment to RF."

Is the benefit given by wireless charging worth missing a call or having your battery run down faster?
    03-28-2013 01:11 PM
    Personally, no, wireless charging is not worth a loss in signal reliability. Takes two seconds to plug my phone in at night. To each their own, though.
    03-28-2013 01:14 PM
    I have in the past had wireless charging when I was using the Palm Pre Plus. I loved the ability to just sit it on something and not having to plug it in I never missed a call nor did I think that much heat was produce vs Power loss. That being said it is a gimmick for some people.
    03-28-2013 01:16 PM
    Works flawlessly on my HTC Droid DNA and takes away from wearing out the USB port

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    03-28-2013 08:10 PM
    While I understand that on another phone it might work flawlessly, the data shows that the wireless charging back on the SG4 reduces the ability of the radios to get weak signals. I get that some of you live in such high density areas that a weak signal is not often a problem but for many people it could mean the difference between having bars and not having bars. Personally, I travel to remote areas frequently and this would be a pretty big problem. As you may know, a weak signal can kill a battery as quick as having teh screen on.
    03-29-2013 07:13 AM