In light of all of the recent updates regarding T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon GS4 versions, I have been pretty disappointed with the radio silence on Sprint's end. I engaged in 3 different chats with Sprint support through their website and got 3 different answers as to when the GS4 would both go up for "Pre-Order" (I was continually reminded that I can "Pre-Register" for the phone now, a process which basically puts you on a mailing list) and when it would be released. I got 3 different answers:

- Answer 1 (and best case scenario): The phone would go up for "Pre-Order" in April and would be released sometime in quarter 2 (anywhere between now and the end of June).
    - Answer 2: The phone would go up for "Pre-Order" in May and would be released in June.
    - Answer 3 (worst case secenario...): The quarter 2 road map did not have the GS4 listed on it and thus we should expect it sometime in quarter 3.

Keep in mind that I never treat any of the info given through Sprint's chatroom service with any more than a grain of salt. But still, given that I can walk into an AT&T store and pre order a GS4 today and have it in my hands by the end of the month, I am not satisfied with any of these answers. So the prompt I would like to have answered from any Sprint users in this community of forum readers: Have you had any similar conversations with Sprint and what have you heard? And is the lack of information (combined with the lack of reliable data, but that's for a different thread I suppose) enough to drive you to another carrier where you can get the GS4 in the foreseeable future?
    04-16-2013 11:14 AM
    You are going to chat yourself silly talking to these folks. They know worse than nothing.

My bet is that it reasonably coincides with the other CDMA release of this device which is on US Cellular as of May 7. Just a hunch, but seems reasonable since Sprint owns them.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    04-16-2013 12:33 PM
    If it means anything I'm a Sprint user that signed a contract in last fall and I'm cancelling with them and jumping to AT&T as soon as I decide what phone I want. Do not even care about the high ETF I'll get, although luckily I can sell my Note 2 to cover it and still make around $150 profit. But that's neither here nor there. I'm just fed up with Sprint's customer care and when you add bad service into the equation I just can't see myself staying here. When I originally signed with Sprint I was on contract with a 32GB iPhone 5, paid the Apple Care and everything was fine. Decided I wanted to go back to Android and switched to the Note 2, and I was told that I'd receive the $100 back from Sprint and it would come in the mail for the Apple Care refund. Of course it never did. Long story short, after about a month and a half of no one in the store being able to help me and phone calls to the wrong department, I was given a number to one of the main offices and finally got my refund. Never again.
    jdizzle316 likes this.
    04-16-2013 12:35 PM
    Not to get into a Sprint discussion, because frankly Sprint ain't worth defending, but jumping from one large telecom to another larger telecom won't solve many bureaucratic snafus. That being said I would jump to AT&T if I could.

04-16-2013 01:15 PM
    Not to get into a Sprint discussion, because frankly Sprint ain't worth defending, but jumping from one large telecom to another larger telecom won't solve many bureaucratic snafus. That being said I would jump to AT&T if I could.

I'm sure there's problems and mishaps with all of them, but I'm hoping AT&T will at least work harder to rectify said issues. There's no reason they the employees couldn't have made that simple call themselves instead of making me jump through hoops and hurdles. I was also considering T-Mobile but they only have 2G speeds where I live which is worse than what I have now. I'm trying to go forwards, not backwards.
    04-16-2013 01:54 PM
    yea, I'm in the same boat. Been with Sprint since 2002 and have 7 lines on my account. The tip of my SPen broke off on my Note 2, so i called Sprint and the CSR told me to add insurance and they'll send me a replacement. So I signed up for the insurance and went to the Sprint store as the CSR had told me to. Long story short, after 3 diff corporate stores and 3 calls to Sprint, talking to managers and retentions, they didn't replace my SPen as they said they would. I should have just bought another SPen out right for 30 bucks (which is what i ended up doing), but I don't appreciate being misled by Sprint (the rep probably just wanted the commission for me adding insurance). Now, Im done with Sprint...slow data, poor customer service and the last draw was a $30.00 SPen. Really? $30.00 and Sprint doesn't budge? oh well, I'm sure I'm just one of the many customers they have, but i was paying over $320.00 a month.

I'm let my contracts expire or maybe even cancel and pay ETF and get the S4 thru tmobile. Shoot, i'll be saving $100/month by switching to tmobile. And Sprint, I wish you would treat your customers better and recognize your issues with your congested network.
    04-16-2013 02:18 PM
    Anyone know if Sprint S4 will be a WORLD phone with a sim card slot like the HTC one?
    04-16-2013 03:09 PM
    You are going to chat yourself silly talking to these folks. They know worse than nothing.

My bet is that it reasonably coincides with the other CDMA release of this device which is on US Cellular as of May 7. Just a hunch, but seems reasonable since Sprint owns them.

Nice observation. I hope you are right.

On the sprint side of things, I live in Austin where we are going through an LTE upgrade. Coincidentally or not, I have had more dropped calls in the last couple of months than I've had in all my years with Sprint. My phone also struggles to make a data connection. Sprint says it is due to the upgrade, which it may very well be, but if I do end up leaving for T-Mobile or AT&T it will be with a bitter taste in my mouth...
    04-16-2013 04:06 PM
    Nice observation. I hope you are right.

On the sprint side of things, I live in Austin where we are going through an LTE upgrade. Coincidentally or not, I have had more dropped calls in the last couple of months than I've had in all my years with Sprint. My phone also struggles to make a data connection. Sprint says it is due to the upgrade, which it may very well be, but if I do end up leaving for T-Mobile or AT&T it will be with a bitter taste in my mouth...
    Just went through Sprints largest metro LTE upgrade to date here. It took about 6-8 months of upgrading and another 3 months of tweaking to get halfway decent coverage. They are nowhere near where AT&T or Verizon are in terms of LTE footprint but it's starting to pay off. Unless you are saving several hundreds $$$ per year I'm not sure the wait is worth it though.

04-16-2013 06:02 PM
    I'm not sure if this is new or old info, but I found this earlier today on Samsung's web site:Samsung Galaxy S 4 | Sprint Android Smartphone | Samsung Mobile
    Technosticrati likes this.
    04-16-2013 07:05 PM