Sprint: Available April 27 for $249

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Tmobile is selling it for $630 not $150.

So anyone know if this model has a removable sim?
Have not seen anyone confirm this yet.

Only 5hrs to go till preorder :)

Last edited:

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Tmobile is selling it for $630 not $150.

Yeah, I know, but your first payment is only $150. Then 24 X $20. It is more or less the same with any carrier. AT&T is asking $199 first payment plus 2 year contract. Off contract price is $639. I imagine Sprint's off contract price will be about the same. Sprint might be asking for $250 since they have a max ETF of $350 which would put total cost at $600 should someone terminate first or second month. Maybe AT&T is able to offer $50 cheaper because they have a harsher ETF than Sprint. I don't know.

Deutch

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I may just call Sprint and see if they will match their new customer price of $149. I've been a Sprint customer for well over 10 years, have 3 lines with a monthly bill of over $200. Maybe I'll get a little leeway from them. If not, I may just cancel my lines and move to another carrier. The lack of coverage and slow 3g and no 4g has been starting to get to me for the past few months so maybe this will just light a fire under my a$$ to finally do something about it. I'll be able to sell the two other iphone 5's on my account to more than offset the cancellation fees.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
In case you don't already know, the $150 new customer price is only for ported numbers. Granted, that's a lot of people now days, but plenty still buy phones without bringing over a phone number.

Bet the price goes to $199 when the port in credit promotion ends. I really think that's what is screwing this up.

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
well the ONE was not affected by the new customer price so I'm not sure why the gs4 is.
with the late pre order announcement and the inflated price it really looks like they have a deal with htc to screw over samsung.
not a good move imho.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you all think I could get away without preordering? I think I'll be snagging mine Mid-May or so. I'd be going for a black 16GB.

taynxtlvl

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
What's everyone's guess on when it'll actually ship for most? Mine is Wednesday the 24th.

I'd agree with you on this the 23,24, 25th are prime time I would think. I work at UPS part-time and will definitley holler on here when I see the sets start to roll through for any of the major carriers.

- - - Updated - - -

What's everyone's guess on when it'll actually ship for most? Mine is Wednesday the 24th.

I'd agree with you on this the 23,24, 25th are prime time I would think. I work at UPS part-time and will definitley holler on here when I see the sets start to roll through for any of the major carriers.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
You mean like how the $250 was supposed to be for the 16GB AT&T version, which was announced in the same fashion as this one? If I'm not mistaken AT&T isn't selling a $250 16GB S4 are they?

The $249 price for AT&T never stated the storage capacity, I have little doubt they were trying to slide a 16GB version out, but they were at least smart enough to float the price without capacity to see the reaction. People reacted or they just updated it to reflect the 16GB IS $199 and the 32GB IS $249, but coming soon. Its the coming soon part that is bugging me.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, they won't be selling 16GB for $250. And neither will Sprint.

If they did by any chance though, well then shame on Sprint. But for now I'm just going to sum it up to Sprint pulling an AT&T and giving vague information about the launch, only to clear it up in the days before their pre-orders go live.

Spring has advertised it at $249 for 16GB but you get it for $149 if you are switching to Sprint. Seriously who is switching to Sprint?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess Sprint is still trying to recoup the costs associated with the new purple GS3 they just announced. I mean really who is going to buy last years phone in a new fashion color when you can get this years phone.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Checked a local RadioScrap, might as well have been asking for one at the apple store with how they acted......

taynxtlvl

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
YES! I checked with RadioCrap yesterday and they were utterly clueless. At the sprint local stores you can hold a phone with $50 down. So that's what I plan to do this saturday and then next Saturday the 27th it's all mine muahahhhaa. They also can take your eligible trade then, and FYI HTC Evo 3D is worth $42 trade.

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
YES! I checked with RadioCrap yesterday and they were utterly clueless. At the sprint local stores you can hold a phone with $50 down. So that's what I plan to do this saturday and then next Saturday the 27th it's all mine muahahhhaa. They also can take your eligible trade then, and FYI HTC Evo 3D is worth $42 trade.

I've never sold a phone on eBay before but I think I might try this go-around. Saw the $42 Sprint is giving for the 3D, however, saw some used 3D's going for $70-80 online. Would be more than satisfied if I could get that much for it. Thoughts anyone?

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Went to a Best Buy Mobile store today. They will give me $75 for my Evo lte, and I signed up for a $50 instant rebate via email a few months ago. They also had the HTC One there. Nice phone. Either way I go, that's where I'll purchase it. Also, each phone will come pre installed with a screen protector. Not a bad deal.

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Did Sprint sell out or something? On their website it says they're out of stock on both colors and they closed pre-orders, while AT&T is still open. I know for the black HTC One Sprint said they were out of stock when the reality is they never had them to begin with.

bgsanti

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Did Sprint sell out or something? On their website it says they're out of stock on both colors and they closed pre-orders, while AT&T is still open. I know for the black HTC One Sprint said they were out of stock when the reality is they never had them to begin with.

Yes. Pre order stock is sold out. The site says to check back 4/27. Probably when stock will renew.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz