Sprint Galaxy S4 already getting update.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I would hold off on updating if you have or want root. At least until people try it and confirm the update can or cannot be rooted.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I would hold off on updating if you have or want root. At least until people try it and confirm the update can or cannot be rooted.

Just a random question from a new Samsung user (LOVE the phone btw), do these updates tend to be pushed out in batches? I attempted to update and it said there is currently no update available.

Thanks!

KeboPR

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Just a random question from a new Samsung user (LOVE the phone btw), do these updates tend to be pushed out in batches? I attempted to update and it said there is currently no update available.

Thanks!

I think it isn't out yet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Android Central Forums

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

I don't know how they are distributed. It certainly isn't by region I believe it is by the carriers server cyclying through customer IDs. There has been times that I would return to stock and I wouldn't get an update notifcation for a day or so I think they cycle through some how but I can't tell you what the patterns are.

That's a great question though sorry I don't have a good answer for it though.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

Yes sprint releases otas in batches. It depends on what region you are in but everyone should receive the update within 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Anything on this one yet folks? Still yet to receive anything.

Saw a report online that T-Mobile users were starting to see an update pushed as well.

Just checking, love the phone btw!

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Nothing for me either! According to the forums, this update seems to help with some lag issues and frees up some RAM! Sprint needs to hurry up and release!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance