Sprint galaxy S4 software update

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
i keep hearing about it but i haven't seen it, been checking everyday.

Edit: i got it this morning 5/8

Last edited:

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up a s4 today and I don't think Sprint has received this update yet. Or maybe they have received it but haven't released it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I received the update this morning, but sure what it update.

baseband version L720VPUAMDL
build number JDQ39.L720VPUAMDL
Software L720VPUAMDL

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Nothing here yet... I hear it fixes gallery lag, animation stutter, and sharpens the camera quality...

Posted via Android Central App

AndyS

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
According to XDA, it also puts a check in the kernel that disables root. So if you're rooted, you'll need a custom kernel with this flag turned off.

At least that's what I'm understanding.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
So for those that don't want to wait for the OTA update... go over to XDA and there is a thread where someone grabbed the zip file from their phone that got the OTA. Download that file, then rename to update.zip (it is originally named 321a2cb29b9c.update_SPH-L720_MDC_CSB_user_RP_to_MDL_CSB_user_RP.zip) and put it in the root directory of your SD card (you have to have an SD card installed)

Then boot into recovery. When the phone is powered off, hold down vol+, home, and power and keep holding them down. The phone boots up and you'll see the galaxy s4 logo and in small text at the top it says booting into recovery. Then let go of the power button but keep holding down vol+ and home until you get to a recovery menu. Use the vol keys to scroll through the options and the power button to chose an option. You should see an option for update via SD card and then chose the update.zip file.

It'll go through the process of updating and then reboot. That's it, you should then have the software update on your phone. At least it worked for me.

te8unu8y.jpg

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
So for those that don't want to wait for the OTA update... go over to XDA and there is a thread where someone grabbed the zip file from their phone that got the OTA. Download that file, then rename to update.zip (it is originally named 321a2cb29b9c.update_SPH-L720_MDC_CSB_user_RP_to_MDL_CSB_user_RP.zip) and put it in the root directory of your SD card (you have to have an SD card installed)

Then boot into recovery. When the phone is powered off, hold down vol+, home, and power and keep holding them down. The phone boots up and you'll see the galaxy s4 logo and in small text at the top it says booting into recovery. Then let go of the power button but keep holding down vol+ and home until you get to a recovery menu. Use the vol keys to scroll through the options and the power button to chose an option. You should see an option for update via SD card and then chose the update.zip file.

It'll go through the process of updating and then reboot. That's it, you should then have the software update on your phone. At least it worked for me.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/09/te8unu8y.jpg

Is this for ppl who rooted or stock, because u say something about place it in root

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This update got rid of my red hue on black backgrounds.

However, it added the purple blur issue

It also made it a lot smoother. I don't have to mess with my developer animation settings anymore

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This update got rid of my red hue on black backgrounds.

However, it added the purple blur issue

It also made it a lot smoother. I don't have to mess with my developer animation settings anymore

So did you turn developer options off???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007