[How To] Enable Wifi Hotspot on Sprint Galaxy S4

ultimatepeter

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Prerequisite: ROOT YOUR PHONE. (I did it the easy motochopper way here)
Okay folks, I guess I had to take matters into my own hands. There was no video on what to do for Sprint.
I read the XDA site and made some logical conclusions with the file they had. Then I made a video:
(how to enable the hotspot that comes in your phone, actually not very hard) ENJOY!
Please check out other awesome things at: UltimatePeter.com

This is from my youtube description:
So here it is. Haven't seen any other vids on how to do this yet. This will enable the internal system wifi tethering on your settings menu. This is for Samsung Galaxy S4 on Sprint. Do at your own risk. You are about to replace your Services Jar file and odex files, so... At your own risk. I claim no responsibility and modifying your phone in such a manner is your responsibility and liability. Why? Because you own your phone. I don't... and neither does Sprint. I am providing this information for educational purposes.

References:
XDA Thread: [MOD][Deodex][Odex][MDC][MDL]Hotspot Mod - xda-developers
Odexed Replacement Zip: MDCHotspotMod-Odexed.zip | by crawrj for Galaxy S 4
Youtube Address: youtu.be/1Jin3v04O_Q

My Phone:
SPH-L720
Android 4.2.2
Baseband L720VPUAMDC
Kernal 3.4.0-442222
Build JDQ39.L720VPUAMDC

Last edited:

Android Pac

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
follow link this will help you alot .http://howik.com/Turn_your_Samsung_Galaxy_Note_II,_s3_or_s4_into_a_wifi_hotspot_to_share_internet_with_your_laptop_wirelessly

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
The files change for each version. The files needed for MJA and MK2 have been made available, although on my last check the MK2 files were buried further in the thread. The files are made available as a flashable Odin .tar, a custom recovery .zip and the raw files for replacing them manually. There are also instructions for making the HotSpot quick toggle icon.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

While it is certainly "nice" of you to share that information, please do so in a manner that is NOT condescending or snarky. "LMGTFY" is a very rude way of sharing information and it does not have a place in these forums. Please review the forum rules in reference to forum etiquette and suggesting a user should search.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
While it is certainly "nice" of you to share that information, please do so in a manner that is NOT condescending or snarky. "LMGTFY" is a very rude way of sharing information and it does not have a place in these forums. Please review the forum rules in reference to forum etiquette and suggesting a user should search.

hmm

Considering the thread in question is in post #1, I decided to be "sarcastic" since the answer was right there. i'm pretty sure i've been nothing but helpful in these forums.

So it's OK for the AC editors to be snarky and sarcastic in forums, but not users? ok.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
hmm

Considering the thread in question is in post #1, I decided to be "sarcastic" since the answer was right there. i'm pretty sure i've been nothing but helpful in these forums.

So it's OK for the AC editors to be snarky and sarcastic in forums, but not users? ok.

If you have a question regarding a warning or believe that there may be some questionable actions by ambassadors, editors, moderators, or admins, please respond via PM opposed to publicly making a debacle of it.

Some users are new to the forum and are unaware of how to navigate the forums. Some just don't read up, some are of different languages and customs. Regardless, If every new user is greeted in such a sarcastic manner, return rate could be pretty slim. The forum rules on etiquette specifically address suggesting a user should search before asking. If need be, I can link you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay