Poor reception??

Hypochondriac

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
My S4 has poorer reception indoors then the LG marquee I used to have With the marque I would get 4/5 bars with the s4 i'm getting around 3. Has anyone else noticed that the s4 reception is poorer compared to their older phone? Also sometime I'll have 1 bar while outside in the street then about a few minutes later it was dance between 1-4 bars. Did I get a defective phone or is this considered normal?

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Network Vision upgrades and contractors messing about with new antennas. Signal will come and go at times when they're testing stuff.

moonoverparma00

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had that with every sprint phone I've owned. Especially the Samsung phones with their crappy antennas.

Posted via Android Central App

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had that with every sprint phone I've owned. Especially the Samsung phones with their crappy antennas.

Posted via Android Central App

The GS4 has better RF reception characteristics than the Note 2 which is itself a beast. Samsung's radios are actually among the best nowadays while HTC seemingly swapped places with their HTC Evo LTE & HTC One (which is somewhat comparable to the GS3).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
A degrade from 4/5 bars to 3 really isn't that bad to be honest.. I guarantee you can still text and make calls without an issue. I was thinking by the title of the thread you were going to have no bars.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Kelly Dyke

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Im in the UK & have a S4 i9505 my plan is 4G, in network settings I had auto connect (4G,3G,2G) based on this i was only getting 1 bar if not no bars everywhere, i was concerned because I thought I had signal issues, however I spoke to Samsung & because I had it on 4G,3G,2G it was seaching for 4G 1st and because 4G is new in my area & low signal that is why I was having the issues, as soon as I changed my network settings to 3G/2G only my signal has improved & working, so for people having poor signal go to network settings & change it to auto connect at 2G/3G if your phone is still having issues it may be the phone, but it fixed my issue. maybe that is why alot of people are having low signal if its on 4G/3G/2G i think Samsung should have made customers aware.

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My data works great even when I'm on a phone call.

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!

Last edited: