All,

I have noticed a few instances where I will loose service for a moment or two if I am in an area with poor coverage and my radio will seemingly not reconnect. It doesn't happen often but when it does I have to restart my phone and then it connects fine again. Has this happened to anyone else? I do have roaming guard off so that shouldn't be the cause and I do have 'Preferred network mode' set to Automatic. Should I set this back to LTE/CDMA?

I do have JuiceDefender on my phone if anyone believes that may be causing a problem?

Any suggestions? Thanks all!
    05-24-2013 10:11 AM
    I too am having this issue and I do not have JuiceDefender but have all the settings set up the same as you. I need a way to force the phone to try to reconnect the radio.
    05-29-2013 03:44 PM
    What do you mean won't reconnect? So ball your bars go away and you get the circle with the line through it and have no service? Or your 3g icon go's away?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-30-2013 08:36 AM
    What do you mean won't reconnect? So ball your bars go away and you get the circle with the line through it and have no service? Or your 3g icon go's away?
    The bars will all go away and the 'no-smoking' sign will appear lol, and then even if I try manually cycling the data-connection off then back on it won't reconnect. I then restart the phone and its fine again. Luckily it has only happened to me twice, just wanted to see if this is a isolated incident or not.
    05-30-2013 09:53 AM
    Sounds like a network issue. Most likely not the phone. Is Network Vision being deployed in your area?

05-30-2013 02:16 PM
    I'm not too sure it's an area I'm not in too frequently so it's not a big problem, more of a minor annoyance. I just can't seem to understand why it wouldn't pick service back up once it's available again...hmm...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2013 07:17 PM
    How long did you wait to reboot?

05-30-2013 08:43 PM
    Probably 3-4 minutes, a reasonable amount of time, definitely should have picked up service in that amount of time I'd believe no?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2013 11:46 PM
    You are driving when this happens? If in the same low reception area then no. You can also turn on roaming which is off by default and resets if you turn off the phone for some reason.

05-30-2013 11:49 PM
    I work in a metal building. I have good signal outside the building but the only signal that barely penetrates the building is from another carriers. So I am roaming during the day mostly on 1 bar. Often the phone loses even that signal (roam) and I get the circle with a line through it saying no data. The problem is once this happens I can walk outside, or drive home or what ever and even after an hour+ the phone will never pick a signal up. However if I go outside and reboot the phone I am back on my network with no need to roam.
    05-31-2013 12:03 PM
    I work in a metal building. I have good signal outside the building but the only signal that barely penetrates the building is from another carriers. So I am roaming during the day mostly on 1 bar. Often the phone loses even that signal (roam) and I get the circle with a line through it saying no data. The problem is once this happens I can walk outside, or drive home or what ever and even after an hour+ the phone will never pick a signal up. However if I go outside and reboot the phone I am back on my network with no need to roam.
    That should not happen. I was just making sure it wasn't the network. But if you drive home and it doesn't connect it could be a hardware issue. You might want to take it to a corporate store and get it looked at.

05-31-2013 12:38 PM