Hello Android users. I am sort of an amateur technology enthusiast. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 from sprint. I just recently found out about the OTG cable and it's functionality. I Love the idea of being able to read USB media from my phone using the OTG cable. However, I've ran into one major problem while using the OTG. My phone cannot charge while it's in OTG mode. This almost eliminates the joy of being able to use it altogether, seeing that most of the connecters I use suck up power from the phone. E.G. my xbox360 controller that I use flashes a light underneath the logo to indicate that it's working. I'm not sure how much juice is zapped from my keyboard or mouse though. Anyway, due to the inability to charge while using the OTG cable, I am limited to the amount of time I can play games or other OTG related things. I researched the problem, and I found a blog in which another person had the same problem. They found a solution to the problem in the form of an OTG Y cable. What that is: A female USB A connected to both a Micro USB male, and Micro USB female. So I ordered one a week ago and I recieved it in the mail today. Unfortunately for me, it does not charge and read media at the same time. I was warned in the blog, that the cable only worked on select galaxy devices. I was willing to take a shot at it working because the cable was only 5 dollars. I was doing some more reading yesterday about how to charge and read media at the same time from an OTG cable and I came across an article that said something about making changes to the kernal. A Kernal is what recieves and sends messages from the input to output. I'm not sure if I have to root my phone to do that however. I'm willing to go through whatever it takes to get my phone to charge and read USB media via OTG cable. If anyone knows of an application that I can use to change the kernal settings to allow my device to do what I want it to, please let me know. I currently have these things: 2 OTG cables, 1 OTG Y cable, a usb hub, and my Samsung Galaxy s4 from Sprint. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
    07-08-2013 01:06 PM
    DId you ever find a solution to this?
    09-03-2013 04:01 AM
    did u happen to find a solution
    10-28-2013 03:55 PM