07-30-2013 02:35 PM
87 1234
tools
    Well, I have five S4s in my house on my account and NONE of them have gotten the update. I have also gotten the update in the past much sooner than this. Guess I'll manually update mine today. Tired of waiting on random pushes. Very odd that random push hasn't picked up at least one of these 5 phones.
    Just be patient and wait for the ota...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-2013 05:26 PM
    So I just received the OTA update. Everything seems ok, but my apps won't update. It keeps giving an error message about the server.

Posted via Android Central App
    This happened to me. Delete your Google account and then set it up again.
    07-13-2013 08:28 PM
    Just be patient and wait for the ota...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
    Are there issues with updating maually? I see some folks had issues with Kies, but other than that what are the issues with manually updating?
    07-14-2013 08:02 AM
    Well, I just tried it and everything seemed to work. My phone rebooted and I know something happened because my phone switched from Jellybean Keyboard back to the Samsung keyboard.

Happy, I went to move my apps to the SD card. Unfortunately, that couldn't be done as the old Froyo button to save to SD didn't appear.

How do I know if the update actually took on my SGS4?
    07-16-2013 07:16 PM
    Are there issues with updating maually? I see some folks had issues with Kies, but other than that what are the issues with manually updating?
    If you can follow instructions you won't have any problems. It is recommended to uninstall kies from your computer if you have trouble connecting to Odin on your computer, but I've never had a issue.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-16-2013 09:12 PM
    I just received the OTA update and was prompted to install. Will I loose root if I update? Can I root this OTA update? I don't want to loose hotspot!
    07-17-2013 06:48 AM
    Oops, my bad.

I took almost 3 hours, but I finally received a prompt to install the MF9 update. Let's see how it works...
    07-17-2013 07:31 AM
    No Froyo button yet to allow me to save Apps to SD card...

On a good note, I am getting 4G LTE service (very weak) where I used to get only 3G...
    07-17-2013 08:38 AM
    No difference so far...
    07-17-2013 08:50 AM
    Updated and now battery life is ****. Unplug phone at 5:30am, play Pandora for 30 min while driving to work, then don't touch phone at all. It's now 8 am and I am at 60% battery. Before the update I wouldn't hit 60% until at least 2pm and that was with occasional use. Now I am back to my old S2 battery life wtf.
    07-17-2013 10:15 AM
    One thing I noticed is that the charge rate seems to be slower. I manually updated per the QBKing77 YouTube page and it worked 1st time. Charging never goes above 1amp where as before it would 1.4amp charge. We will see how it goes today as I just updated last night.
    07-17-2013 10:24 AM
    No Froyo button yet to allow me to save Apps to SD card...
    First make sure that you have MF9 installed on your phone.
    Go into "Settings" and select the "More" tab and then chose "About Device".
    Software version should now read "L720VPUAMF9"
    Also the About Device logo will have changed from Blue to Yellow.

To move an application to the SD card it must be supported by the developer of the app.
    I repeat, to move an application to the SD card it must be supported by the developer of the app.

Now with that out of the way, please try this.

Go into "Settings" and select the "More" tab and then chose "Application Manager".
    Select the application you want to move to the SD card.
    If it can be moved to the SD card you will see a button labeled "Move to SD card".
    If it is grayed out and can not be selected the app can not be moved until the developer of that app chooses to enable it.
    Write the developer and see if they will enable it on the next update.

Hope this helps you figure out how to move apps to the SD card.
    07-17-2013 12:06 PM
    I did a hard reset (pulled battery while phone was on) and it seems to have fixed my battery issue. The phone isn't running hot anymore either so hopefully it stay this way. This is the first time I have ever had any issue with this phone.
    07-17-2013 12:39 PM
    Updated and now battery life is ****. Unplug phone at 5:30am, play Pandora for 30 min while driving to work, then don't touch phone at all. It's now 8 am and I am at 60% battery. Before the update I wouldn't hit 60% until at least 2pm and that was with occasional use. Now I am back to my old S2 battery life wtf.
    I have found that location services are enabled after the update, I turned it back off and my battery is back on par with prior to the update....

Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk
    Formerly "Evo_girl"
    07-18-2013 06:54 PM
    I did a hard reset (pulled battery while phone was on) and it seems to have fixed my battery issue. The phone isn't running hot anymore either so hopefully it stay this way. This is the first time I have ever had any issue with this phone.
    A hard reset is when you return your phone to factory settings, you did a reboot. (Aka "battery pull")

Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk
    Formerly "Evo_girl"
    Zookeeper63 likes this.
    07-18-2013 06:55 PM
    I waited for the OTA of this update. It installed, rebooted, and froze at the yellow sprint screen. Power button won't shut it down or reboot it. So I removed the battery and put it back in. And it got stuck at the yellow screen once again. Not a rooted phone.
    07-18-2013 07:12 PM
    I waited for the OTA of this update. It installed, rebooted, and froze at the yellow sprint screen. Power button won't shut it down or reboot it. So I removed the battery and put it back in. And it got stuck at the yellow screen once again. Not a rooted phone.
    Factory data reset will do the trick as always.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-18-2013 09:02 PM
    I did the manual update yesterday. No problems whatsoever. Thanks!
    07-18-2013 10:52 PM
    CRAP!

The BEST part about this phone was the battery life/charging quickness. This update presented itself and ruined that. I've pulled the battery. I've turned off location services. Charging is still EXTREMELY slow.

Help?
    07-19-2013 09:36 AM
    CRAP!

The BEST part about this phone was the battery life/charging quickness. This update presented itself and ruined that. I've pulled the battery. I've turned off location services. Charging is still EXTREMELY slow.

Help?
    Hence I will wait until all the surprises reveal themselves. I am truly indebted to those who just can't wait to install the updates for flushing out those gremlins. Thanks.
    07-19-2013 10:15 AM
    Any way to get it back to the way it was pre-update?
    07-19-2013 10:35 AM
    Besides just eyeballing it based on perceived time, is there a way to actually determine how much charging current your phone is pulling using an app or widget? Not saying this will fix the problem, but such an app may be able to point you to what the problem is by enabling you to see how turning off certain features or services affects charging rate (amps).
    07-19-2013 11:47 AM
    I see my top status bar is whiter now, what other changes do you all see?

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!
    07-19-2013 11:47 AM
    I live in Ga and I received the new update this morning and it downloaded without any problems

07-19-2013 02:33 PM
    Any way to get it back to the way it was pre-update?
    Use odin and make your way through the updates but you'll get annoyed by the notification.

07-19-2013 09:09 PM
87 1234