New OTA to version MF9 is out!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Sweet, just checked over at XDA and someone has it for download, grabbing now....

Edit for anyone that wants it:

http://android.clients.google.com/p...H-L720_MDL_CSB_user_RP_to_MF9_CSB_user_RP.zip

Put it onto your SD card and rename it to update.zip (renaming the file isn't required as someone found)

Then boot into recovery. When the phone is powered off, hold down vol+, home, and power and keep holding them down. The phone boots up and you'll see the galaxy s4 logo and in small text at the top it says booting into recovery. Then let go of the power button but keep holding down vol+ and home until you get to a recovery menu. Use the vol keys to scroll through the options and the power button to chose an option. You should see an option for update via external storage and then chose the zip file.

This way you dont have to wait for it to push to your phone OTA. Also, these steps are for stock, non-rooted, Sprint gs4 phones.

Also, disclaimer, it worked for me. Do so at your own risk.

Last edited:

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Either rename it on your pc before you move it, or you can from a file manager on the phone (My Files is the one preinstalled on the gs4 and I just checked and you can rename a file using that)

You might not even have to rename it, but I did as it was a requirement when I had my nexus phones.

davefromks

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I just tried below steps and it keeps failing

- Downloaded the .zip file to desktop
- Rename it to update.zip
- Copy it to Phone
- Restart phone in recovery mode

Did it work for anyone else?

thx,

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just tried below steps and it keeps failing

- Downloaded the .zip file to desktop
- Rename it to update.zip
- Copy it to Phone
- Restart phone in recovery mode

Did it work for anyone else?

thx,

What exactly failed? What did you do once you got into recovery?

davefromks

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
In recovery mode I selected the update.zip file which was copied to phone.

The update went through and failed at some point when doing system update.

Dvdbones

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hey, guys... Upgraded by simply flashing into recovery mode after moving the raw file to my SD (didn't have to change the file name) and everything went smoothly. Update took close to 15min to complete. It was pretty slow and thought something might error out, but it finished fine.

Anyway, I'm noticing what looks like double-vision in the notification field at the top of the screen on occasion. The icons for bluetooth, wifi, battery percentage and the time look like they have shadows behind them. It goes away every so often. Haven't found anything in the settings to adjust it unless it's a small bug maybe. Haven't played around with what may be new either. Anyone else seeing this at all? It doesn't happen on the lock screen apparently. I attached a screenshot... Have a look at the top of it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1373337410494.jpg
    1373337410494.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 82

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway it could fix as can't reboot anymore or copy the file?:(

thx

Are you saying you can't get out of recovery?

Anyway, I'm noticing what looks like double-vision in the notification field at the top of the screen on occasion. The icons for bluetooth, wifi, battery percentage and the time look like they have shadows behind them. It goes away every so often. Haven't found anything in the settings to adjust it unless it's a small bug maybe.

Strange, haven't noticed that after updating, however I'm using Nova launcher if that makes a difference and it's something only showing up with the touchwiz launcher.

Dvdbones

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Weird, I know. The double-vision of the icons on top only happens when I'm swiping through my home screens. Once I start an app or wake the phone to my lock screen, it's not there. In using stock Touchwiz.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ive been experiencing the sd card unmounted error a couple of times. The keyboard looks lighter now which kinda bothers me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech