S4 google search syncing with Chrome google search on laptop?

ollie93

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that if I pull up the search on my Galaxy S4, the recent searches are things that I've searched on my laptop. This isn't really a problem, but I would like to turn this feature off. My phone is somehow syncing with my laptop when I'm near it, and I would like to remove that sync, but I have no idea how it's happening because I never turned on that setting to begin with.

How can I turn this off?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It has nothing to with syncing between the phone and laptop, but is how Google basically runs their browser now. If you're logged into your Google account, you're going to see that stuff. I think you can clear or turn this off though by going here and following the link to "turn off your Web History" but honestly I'm not sure if that will do it or not (since I have no interest in doing that so I'm not testing it).
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/465?hl=en

If you use Chrome (as I do), it all syncs up automatically. I add a favorite/bookmark on my iPad or my laptop, it shows on my Android Phone (or vice-versa). I can even view my tabs that I have open on all my other devices, which comes in handy (like I'm typing this on my laptop, but I can easily go to my phone and it'll show this page as an open tab on my laptop which I can then open, or I can view all the tabs I have open on my iPad which is sitting 20 miles away on my kitchen counter.

I personally love it since I don't have to keep bookmarks in sync or remember what device I did a search on....it's all accessible from every device. But I suppose I can see why some people wouldn't want this.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Go to settings>Accounts and select your Google account. Tap on it and uncheck Sync Chrome. That should do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781