So, when I go to plug in my phone it says that it's not charging. I went to the settings to see if it said the same thing and it did. I left it charging all night and when I checked it did charge even though it said it didn't. The problem is that ever since that occurred it takes longer to charge. Also if I turn off the phone and leave it charging it turns on and turns back off. The main problem now is that since it doesn't seem to pick up that it's plugged in, my computer doesn't read it either if I plug it in . Nothing shows up. It acts like if its not even plugged in. Does anyone know the problem?
    07-25-2013 03:42 AM
    So, when I go to plug in my phone it says that it's not charging. I went to the settings to see if it said the same thing and it did. I left it charging all night and when I checked it did charge even though it said it didn't. The problem is that ever since that occurred it takes longer to charge. Also if I turn off the phone and leave it charging it turns on and turns back off. The main problem now is that since it doesn't seem to pick up that it's plugged in, my computer doesn't read it either if I plug it in . Nothing shows up. It acts like if its not even plugged in. Does anyone know the problem?
    Can you provide any other information that might help (focused on recent changes to your phone) like: Did you just install a new update or new app, did you drop your phone, did you plug it into a non-standard charger at some time... Also some basic troubleshooting, have you tried another standard charger (your computer will only put out a trickle charge) to see if your charger has gone south. Regarding your computer, did your USB mode setting on the phone get changed?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    07-27-2013 12:30 PM
    I have the same problem as well. Exactly the same problem. Been trying to connect to different charger as well, it doesn't show it's charging while it is charging. the charging rate will be slower than normal. also the phone cannot be detected when connected to the pc.

The problem arise suddenly like that.i only update few apps (automatically update from play store). At first, i thought something's wrong with my cable. I let it sit with the cable connected to the phone and do my work for a while, when i came back the battery level indicate that it did charged but doesn't show any symbol of charging at all.
    08-28-2013 08:55 AM
    After a couple of months of dealing with the same charging issues with my S4, and ultimately having to get the phone to recognize the charger by charging through a dock speakers usb charge port, I ordered a new usb/mic port for my phone online ($12) and installed it myself. Its a lot easier than it seems and you won't void your warrenty. Watched some YouTube video guides and did it in about 15 minutes with no problem. Just make sure you order the port for your exact model S4, which you can find out in your phone's settings under "about phone". I hope his helps someone out. The reason a lot of the S4s are having issues with charging is having a faulty port, or just an easily damaged one.
    11-19-2013 03:00 PM
    It's all about the 4.3 update. The new drivers want the latest pin out on the mini HDMI cable. So if you have a newer Samsung OEM Cable you won't notice. But older cables you need to attach in the correct sequence. Phone then to power. Or just Reboot. Known Issue. Samsung will tell you to buy their cable.
    11-20-2013 11:11 AM