Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 4.3 for Sprint Galaxy S4?

Now that Android 4.3 is out, how long before it gets to our Sprint Galaxy S4?

samsung seems to be the first manufacturer that pushes out the latest updates, even before LG, HTC, motorola, etc...

also, sprint seems to get them first before other carriers

Zedd

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I recently read someplace 4.3 is taking our ability to move apps to the sd card away from us. (For those of us that got the last update that allows it) Unitil that mess is settled I don't want 4.3 regardless of what else it may bring.

Posted via Android Central App on my Galaxy S4

John Mahlecke

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

Chainfires auto root works on all current versions on the s4 (mf9, mdc, mdl) as for the battery drain with mf9 its true I use mdl but anyone can revert back via odin on windows or mac and flash stock image which all can be found on xda cant wait for 4.3 and the open gl good stuff

THE Man2

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Why would someone say if my phone doesn't get 4.3 I'm going back to IOS. SHUT UP AND GO!

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Why would someone say if my phone doesn't get 4.3 I'm going back to IOS. SHUT UP AND GO!

Posted via Android Central App

Because many people are crazy that way?
Who knows what motivates people like that. Anger?

I would stop buying products from the offending brand (I've done it before) but not leave the entire ecosystem!
Anyway...:)

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

You'll see it, we will see it (look at my Sig).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Pamela Curry

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

I'd I forget and leave the gps on my battery drains fast also. Keeping it off my s4 battery life is great and I'm a heavy surfer.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd I forget and leave the gps on my battery drains fast also. Keeping it off my s4 battery life is great and I'm a heavy surfer.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Turn off stuff that you don't use regularly, that'll help you to save battery. :)

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

I didn't check AC and don't know for sure about the Note 2 but Samsung promised on their big event a couple days ago that the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4 will get 4.3 in October.

The international versions will get it first and then those of us with carrier versions will have to wait longer.

Jonnyappleskins

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

I've had all kinds of varied experience with charging and battery drain. One specific thing I've noticed is that even though the Amperage and Voltage is the same or less than my iPad USB adapter (5.1V @2.1 Amps v. Samsung charger with 5V @ 2.0A), the biggest difference is when I make sure I'm using the USB cable that came with my phone. I haven't looked into the ratings of my other cables but for whatever reason, the Samsung cable (again even with a different charger) charges way faster. I'm guessing (again haven't verified with specs) that the Samsung cable is higher quality, has less resistance, or possibly (though I doubt it) some proprietary specification that yields better charging. Again, just my experience thus far. Hope it helps.

Jack O-Rider

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

After reading about all the problems with the MF9 update, and with Sprint saying nothing, I got on a chat with Samsung. They are worse than Sprint in covering up. Here is what Harold says:
Harold: I would like to inform that as of now there is no known issues like that.

Harold: I have checked the information and there is no issue registered. However if you face any issue you can contact us. Samsung provides one warranty and the device is serviced under warranty.

Wow thanks a lot. I do not own this phone yet, just doing some research before buying one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay