Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Official Android 4.3 Update Discussion

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android 4.3 for Sprint Galaxy S4?

Why would someone say if my phone doesn't get 4.3 I'm going back to IOS. SHUT UP AND GO!

Posted via Android Central App

It's called subtle sarcasm and having a sense of humor. You should try it sometime, its fun and a better stress reliever than SHOUTING! ;)

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 4.3 for Sprint Galaxy S4?

I'm in Raleigh, where are you?

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Durham. Which proves, yet again, that Durham's a better city :p

Lol!
I'm in the Durham side of Brier Creek working right now, it's raining like crazy! :eek::D

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Yessss!

Posted via Android Central App

Geographic location doesn't matter

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

arcjeeper

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for the update here in Michigan. Have tried the clear cache, clear data, no effect. Guess I will wind up doing it the hard way. Other than a different 4G icon, which doesn't mean much to me, are there any significant changes? Updated messaging app maybe? Improved stock email app? So far I haven't heard anything that makes the update sound all that necessary.
Nothing really graphically different. 3G/4G icon different. No mobile data toggle anymore. Battery seems same to me, signal strength maybe a little worse but close.

tec64

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I like the update. My phone does not lag anymore, I like the stock Web browser better, so far battery life seems just as good if not a tad better. I really like the 3G, 4G icon as well. I also like the advanced setting in WIFI that always allows or disables scanning and the auto network switch. Mobile data toggle is gone.... that is the only thing I don"t like so far

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I like the update. My phone does not lag anymore, I like the stock Web browser better, so far battery life seems just as good if not a tad better. I really like the 3G, 4G icon as well. I also like the advanced setting in WIFI that always allows or disables scanning and the auto network switch. Mobile data toggle is gone.... that is the only thing I don"t like so far

If there are no additional reports of adverse behavior (having to re-close folders after exiting an app started from the folder on the home screen - reported in another thread) or missing features (mobile data toggle) over the next few days I will likely take the plunge.

Andrew Holder

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey, not sure if someone has replied to this yet, but I also had the same exact issue following that update. I saw somewhere that if you restore phone to factory settings it might fix it, gave it a shot, and now it works perfectly again. So maybe it will work for you and your husband.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I also hate that you can't no longer type the contact's name to send a text instead it searches by numbers. wth.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the battery symbol turns yellow when it hits 20% and I'm assuming it turns red at 5%. (Otherwise it is green).

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S4

Jesse Holmes

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Im in cleveland ohio. Cleared cache and date . Enabled and disabled google service framework and force stop. Bam ..uploading 4.3 now. Will let you no how it goes

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I also hate that you can't no longer type the contact's name to send a text instead it searches by numbers. wth.

That I really will hate!!!
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the battery symbol turns yellow when it hits 20% and I'm assuming it turns red at 5%. (Otherwise it is green).

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S4

That would be a welcome feature. :thumbup::cool:

arcjeeper

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Also just noticed a couple new apps in Google play that must have been installed with the update because I sure didn't install them. Ant Radio, Ant plugins, and MoBeam beaming. Anyone else? Any idea what these do?

Posted via Galaxy S4

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately no, since I haven't got the update just yet.
:thumbdown::(:banghead:

msfan

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

Oh is that what is happening? I was trying to text a photo by typing in recipient's name and it just wouldn't find it. I had to go into Contacts and select him. I guess if I know the number I can start typing it, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a contact list if I need to remember their phone number. I miss the 'Recent' feature on my Epic (granted the only thing I miss about it). It was easy to ensure I was sending texts to the right person - now it is easy to accidentally send to a person's home/business number instead of mobile (though I notice a new feature for 'Remember this selection' when you open a contact with multiple numbers... hopefully that will help prevent sending text to land lines)

arcjeeper

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

? Not sure what you mean. In the text app, when I compose a message, under enter recipient, I start typing a name and they show up just fine for me. And yes I have 4.3.

Posted via Galaxy S4