03-18-2014 08:36 PM
74 123
tools
    Well, so far nobody at Sprint seems to know what's going on. :banghead:

Let's see if there's time today to take care of this problem!

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    It should be fixed by the Sprint technicians, and from what almahut said it looks like a sim card issue. If everything checks out though, and the issue isn't fixed, have sprint switch out the device for you. I'd hate to have my phone not have LTE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
    08-08-2013 10:55 AM
    I've been doing some research and I just keep leaning to the SIM card. I've found posts on the Internet of people with this issue, they got a Sprint rep who was willing to redo the SIM properly, and now they can access the LTE without any more issues.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    Yea, I'm starting to believe that too.
    I'll just call them back again today see if one of them is willing to redo the SIM.
    I guess I can always go to best buy and get a new one since I'm close to my 45 day Silver Premier return deadline.

08-08-2013 03:12 PM
    STARGATE,

I think Silver Premium status at Best Buy is 60 days now.
    08-08-2013 06:47 PM
    STARGATE,

I think Silver Premium status at Best Buy is 60 days now.
    Thanks, it is but unfortunately not for cell phones

08-08-2013 10:52 PM
    So last night I did a factory reset to my phone and just a few minutes ago Sprint reprovisioned my phone, SIM card too just in case it wasn't right the last time.

They said to give it 24 hours to see if I'm able to get LTE again. I'm hoping for the best, if it doesn't happen I will exchange this one for a new GS4 tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-10-2013 04:11 PM
    So last night I did a factory reset to my phone and just a few minutes ago Sprint reprovisioned my phone, SIM card too just in case it wasn't right the last time.

They said to give it 24 hours to see if I'm able to get LTE again. I'm hoping for the best, if it doesn't happen I will exchange this one for a new GS4 tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    Stargate, I just went through this with Sprint for almost two months and 4 different GS4s. It didn't matter how many resets or how many times it was reprovisioned. It was finally determined that my ICCID was incorrect in the system (had too many 0's). After they changed it I rebooted and have had 4G working ever since. Get with a tech that can check that and even if it's correct have them redo it. I bet it'll work. Good luck!
    08-11-2013 07:17 PM
    Stargate, I just finished having this issue corrected after 2 months of no 4G.. The ICCID on your profile does not match what is on your phone. Push for a tech to change it to whatever is on your phone and that will most likely solve the issue. Something is going on when they swap out phones and it's not self updating. Hope this helps you out.
    STARGATE likes this.
    08-11-2013 07:23 PM
    Stargate, I just finished having this issue corrected after 2 months of no 4G.. The ICCID on your profile does not match what is on your phone. Push for a tech to change it to whatever is on your phone and that will most likely solve the issue. Something is going on when they swap out phones and it's not self updating. Hope this helps you out.
    Thanks! :thumbup::beer:

I will try this tomorrow since I didn't have a chance to do anything with my phone today.

I'll let you know what happens.

08-11-2013 09:41 PM
    YES!!! :thumbup::beer::beer:

Thanks RicanS4!

That did the trick!

Attached Thumbnails Not able to connect to 4G LTE! ?-1376348800430.jpg  
    08-12-2013 07:06 PM
    YES!!! :thumbup::beer::beer:

Thanks RicanS4!

That did the trick!

Awesome I am glad you got this fixed Star!! . :beer:

STARGATE likes this.
    08-12-2013 08:28 PM
    Awesome I am glad you got this fixed Star!! . :beer:

Thanks!
    :thumbup::beer::beer:

08-12-2013 11:44 PM
    Well what do you know, it was a SIM issue

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4
    08-13-2013 03:36 AM
    Yea, but I had to go through 4 different people yesterday before one of them checked what I was telling her!
    Let alone all those other people I called before and those at the stores I visited and they didn't know what was wrong!

Thanks to RicanS4 I was telling those people to check my phone's ICCID. Only the last person was willing and finally, able to help.

08-13-2013 07:38 AM
    Yea, but I had to go through 4 different people yesterday before one of them checked what I was telling her!
    Let alone all those other people I called before and those at the stores I visited and they didn't know what was wrong!

Thanks to RicanS4 I was telling those people to check my phone's ICCID. Only the last person was willing and finally, able to help.

I'm glad they were able to get you all taken care of!! It seems that it's a problem they're having whenever they swap out GS4s and none of the techs knows what's going on.
    08-13-2013 07:58 AM
    I'm glad they were able to get you all taken care of!! It seems that it's a problem they're having whenever they swap out GS4s and none of the techs knows what's going on.
    Yup! :banghead:
    Apparently that's what's going on.

08-13-2013 01:51 PM
    It's because the Sprint SIM cards come in the phones, and they aren't doing something in the system right when they swap them.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4
    08-13-2013 03:21 PM
    Now I'm finally enjoying the LTE around me!

Maybe not as fast as other carriers but also not as pricey!

Attached Thumbnails Not able to connect to 4G LTE! ?-1376424211700.jpg   Not able to connect to 4G LTE! ?-1376424238376.jpg  
    08-13-2013 04:04 PM
    Oops! Double post.
    08-13-2013 04:11 PM
    It's because the Sprint SIM cards come in the phones, and they aren't doing something in the system right when they swap them.

They said it's supposed to automatically swap the ICCIDs during the changeover but that's clearly not happening. Hopefully they fix the core issue or at least put this into some tech docs so that people don't have to spend months fighting with them to get it fixed.
    08-14-2013 09:02 AM
    They said it's supposed to automatically swap the ICCIDs during the changeover but that's clearly not happening. Hopefully they fix the core issue or at least put this into some tech docs so that people don't have to spend months fighting with them to get it fixed.
    Indeed!

Who knows how many more people are having this issue and don't even know about it.

Like my sisters, if they had this problem, they wouldn't know since they would have WiFi at home and 3G service outside, they would not bother to check if they got 4G or not! :banghead:

08-14-2013 12:32 PM
    Funny...Im in Cali and just bought an S4 and the sales guy told me the same thing....
    "There updating antennas yada yada" on why it wouldn't connect. Told me to put in CDMA only
    mode. My galaxy S3 before got it just fine.

James
    08-31-2013 05:46 PM
    If you're having the same problem read the last few posts so you can get that taken care of.
    Some of those"technicians" don't know squat! :banghead::banghead:

09-01-2013 04:27 AM
    Im having 4g connection problems on my Sprint Gs4 and im in Brooklyn New York. So I guess its an internal antenna problem. Samsung needs to send an update to fix this issue cause its really annoying

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2013 10:40 AM
    I had this problem on my galaxy all i did was held the power button and pressed the restart button then when my phone came on i turned mobile data on and boom there it goes
    03-18-2014 08:36 PM
74 123