Lengthening Ringtone

JTDav

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I have just switched over to the Galaxy 4 from an iphone. I love the phone even though I am going through "teaching an old dog new tricks" phase. I have gone through this forum, other internet postings, been to the Sprint store as well as been on the computer and phone with customer service, but no one can tell me how to lengthen the ringtone of the phone from what is clearly a default setting of 15 seconds before kicking to voicemail. I have downloaded misc ringtone apps and on every one of them the ringtones created are only 15 seconds when saved....no matter if I have created a ringtone of 30 seconds. I have tried various codes posted, but no luck. I know with ATT they can adjust the ringtone length from 15 to 30 seconds. Given most ringtones are 20-30 seconds in length it makes no sense not to be able to change the length of the ringtone. 15 seconds is not much time to be able to answer the phone plus I want to be able to create longer ringtones.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated Glad to be in the Android world.
jtd

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

JTDav

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I am convinced it has to be done via Sprint, but I was on the line with them quite awhile yesterday, but the conclusion was they could not extend it. Just is very odd to me given the length of ringtones and the fact other carriers can extend it. I even told the tech at the Sprint store I would call him if I found an answer. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond and sending me the links. For something that seems simple I now feel I am on the search for the Holy Grail!

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I guess I got lucky. My phone rings for ~30 seconds myy ringtones are clipped near this length and I sometimes hear them restart. Additionally, the calling phone's timer will hit 30-35 seconds before going to voicemail. Has done so since I joined Sprint two years ago. But yes, it's a network level implementation that cannot be altered by anyone and is set to ~23 seconds. Things like network congestion and how quickly your phone can be found by the network can sometimes lengthen or shorten the time. It sucks that your time is that short.

JTDav

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
It definitely sucks.....and I am afraid I am not as fast as I use to be. Even communicated with Samsung today and as I expected they directed me back to Sprint. We have used Sprint for several years now and I did not have this ringtone time limitation with my iphone. Not a big enough deal for me to want to switch back....just adds to the mystery of why it is so difficult to make the modification of ringtone length...seems it should be in settings. As I mentioned in my initial post if I create a ringtone that is 16 seconds or 100 seconds, it is going to save it as a 15 second ringtone.
Thanks for responding.