Anyone try to get kicked off sprint's network by roaming too much?

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sick and tired of Sprint's God awful coverage and speeds and it's making my blackberry curve from 2007 look faster than my s4. I want to avoid my ETF at all costs so is this a legitimate way to leave Sprint? I'm in an area where I am roaming constantly and can barely receive text messages nevermind data and voice so is there an app that could help me accomplish this?

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I never thought about that but I guess is a valid way to try to get kicked out.

But why would you choose Sprint in the first place if you have no coverage?

I been with Sprint for several years now because to me is the better deal for my money and coverage is very good in and around my area.

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I stayed because I didn't want to loose unlimited data by going someplace else. But now I see that unlimited data is completely useless too me, I'm willing to pay more for a MUCH better service like Verizon.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You need to make sure who's the best deal for your hard earned and better coverage around your area.

In the meantime, call Sprint and complain about your problem and tell them you want to cancel your service because of that.
I know a few people back in South Carolina that were able to get out of contract like that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I stayed because I didn't want to loose unlimited data by going someplace else. But now I see that unlimited data is completely useless too me, I'm willing to pay more for a MUCH better service like Verizon.

Ouch Verizon is painfully expensive.. If you can afford it though go for it. I swapped to T-Mobile.

As for the roam thing.. Yes if you roam to much for a month or two they will let you go. You can force your phone to roam by rooting and then you can google "Roam Control". It is a paid app (not through the play store) that will force your phone to roam. Someone on the Sprint area of these forums actually just did that and swapped after they gave him the boot. You just have to ensure you use a lot of data to make them want to kick you off.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea, Verizon is too expensive and don't get phones out quickly enough. HTC One anybody!?
They also put too much crapware in the phones. :thumbdown::mad:

Anyway, I guess that if they're the only choice, what can you do?
Is all about location, thank God all the major carriers have pretty good coverage here.

I will stay with Sprint for now, I have a new 2 year contract. But if they try to take away my unlimited data and charge me more, I would jump ship in a heartbeat!
T-Mobile would be most likely the place I would go to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power