Battery Draining Faster than Usual

angry mustache

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have had my S4 for about two months now, but the past couple days the battery has been draining incredibly fast. Tonight it went from 33% to 20% battery in the span of an hour, without any apps or the screen on. I have pulled the battery, left it out for a few minutes, and put it back in. Sunday that seemed to slow the drain, but today it did no good. I have not installed any new applications, and the network coverage has been decent to great. In the battery stats the screen still shows as the biggest draw, with everything else approximately where it should be.

Any suggestions? I do have Wakelock Detector installed, and the stats there look pretty close to what I have become used to.

angry mustache

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping to avoid that if possible, but havent ruled it out. The update was applied over a month ago, and I am just now seeing this issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
You should've seen it right after the update really if MF9 was to blame. Might be too early to see if it's a bad battery but try this: Place the battery on a level surface. Place your finger on one corner and attempt to spin it. If it spins, it's started to swell and has gone bad. Replace it asap as continued use will eventually cause it to leak or explode. If the battery is flat on both sides, a factory reset might be your next course, if you didn't do it after the update.

angry mustache

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
There is no visible bulging or swelling that I can tell. Without doing anything different, I have only used about 16% in the past 6 hours today. Hmm.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have found that a bad update of an app will occasionally cause a bug like this. I now keep a log of my updates so I can backtrack if necessary. If you have updated anything recently you may want to uninstall the updates and see how it performs before doing the reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

angry mustache

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what got updated over the weekend. I might have to start writing that info down instead of just dismissing the notifications. It still seems to be on track with what I am used to again. Hope it stays that way.

For those lurking with a similar issue, all I have done so far is pull the battery a couple times, and also booted into recovery to wipe the cache. Did not get to the point of a factory reset.

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
1) u can buy a new battery and remove the old battery
If it still doesn't work download du battery saver it really saves a lot of battery.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using AC Forums mobile app

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I was trying to figure out what got updated over the weekend. I might have to start writing that info down instead of just dismissing the notifications. It still seems to be on track with what I am used to again. Hope it stays that way.

For those lurking with a similar issue, all I have done so far is pull the battery a couple times, and also booted into recovery to wipe the cache. Did not get to the point of a factory reset.

As long as your Play Store is updated, you can go to the My Apps page and see what's been recently updated, whether it was manually or automatically. If there aren't too many, you can check the Last Updated info on each one to see what may have been the culprit.

angry mustache

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, ended up doing a factory reset on it yesterday. Finally got everything set back up on it. Will see what tomorrow brings with the battery life.

cokl

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well, ended up doing a factory reset on it yesterday. Finally got everything set back up on it. Will see what tomorrow brings with the battery life.

your problem sounds similar to mine! i factory reset on saturday and my battery life is back to crap already. :( how about you?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz