Restoring an SD card

anon(8042129)

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I just had to do a factory reset. Most of my apps were on my SD card but my phone can't seem to see them now. Will I have to re-install them all over again?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, because even with the ability to install apps to sdcard a small piece of the app still is installed on the devices internal memory.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

anon(8042129)

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Darn, I was hoping to avoid that. Reinstalling the apps shouldn't take long but now I've lost all the scores and progress on any games I was playing.
One more question. As I reinstall the apps and move them to the SD card will they automatically overwrite what's there? I don't want to have apps I can't use taking up memory. I fact, I've searched the card and can't seem to find any apps there. I have the phone set to show all files and folders. I guess I could just reformat the card and be done with it but I have other things on it, such as most of my music library.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Darn, I was hoping to avoid that. Reinstalling the apps shouldn't take long but now I've lost all the scores and progress on any games I was playing.
One more question. As I reinstall the apps and move them to the SD card will they automatically overwrite what's there? I don't want to have apps I can't use taking up memory. I fact, I've searched the card and can't seem to find any apps there. I have the phone set to show all files and folders. I guess I could just reformat the card and be done with it but I have other things on it, such as most of my music library.

Yeah it should overwrite the existing stuff. You may want to consider taking the time to pull your music collection off to computer and format the card for a fresh start.

In the future you may want to consider using Helium in the Play Store to make backups of your important data. This is great for non rooted devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app