S4 won't let me play videos...

kcarolina

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Say I'm on facebook or twitter and try to watch a video someone posts, it will bring up a black screen with a circle which looks like it's loading but then after about 20 seconds of "loading," it'll say "Can't play this video." Anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it?

kcarolina

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Is this an app? I should have specified. It's whenever I'm going into the sites on the apps like the Facebook app and Tweetcaster...

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Is this an app? I should have specified. It's whenever I'm going into the sites on the apps like the Facebook app and Tweetcaster...

MX player is an app. I've found that videos that aren't playable (like from fb sometimes) can be played when played through MX. There's a free one :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 2

eddie1martinez

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Say I'm on facebook or twitter and try to watch a video someone posts, it will bring up a black screen with a circle which looks like it's loading but then after about 20 seconds of "loading," it'll say "Can't play this video." Anybody else having this problem or know how to fix it?

I had the same problem it is fixed by updating your software. In home screen go to
Settings, more, updates
And update all in the list.

If it works send me a buck by pay pal
Lol
Eddie

lasercomp

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having same issue. Someone mentioned to clear cache and cookies. Please explain how to do that. I need to restart my phone for videos to work again. I'm still on 4.3. Thank you

Posted via Android Central App

macdaddy099

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
To clear the case turn the phone off and then turn it on holding the power key, home button, and volume up button. You should see the in the top left corner recovery booting in blue. Once you see this let go of the power key. Use the volume up and volume down keys to scroll To Wipe cache partition. after this reboot the phone. This will not delete any of your personal data.

askmeetoday

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
THanks Prashant M. (prashanth-m-2754688/) Your solution fixed the problem. I had tried all cache clearing etc etc. Uninstalling Google + update solved the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci