HELP!!

I got an S4 last Thursday and I can't get messages from people who have upgraded to iOS7. I unregistered my phone today (so we'll see what happens in however many hours), but here's the kicker: I'm not looking to change my number. Old people (aka grandparents) have it and it's just too difficult to make them remember to change it. Plus, I no longer have my phone. I did a factor restore and wiped that sucker clean, then gave it to my dad, so there's no changing the iMessage functionality either. I'm at an impasse! What is a new phone owner to do?! HELP PLEASE!!
    10-10-2013 12:29 PM
    I assume you had an iPhone? You're going to have to login to your AppleID and disable iMessage. There's steps here:
    How do I turn off iMessage on my old iPhone before I switch to my new Samsung device? : Verizon Tabs | Samsung

You'll want to scroll down to the part about changing your AppleID password or unregistering your phone.

Basically this is Apple making it even harder for people to switch....grrrr <goes into nerd rage>
    thezeke likes this.
    10-10-2013 05:19 PM
    First stop being disrespectful to your grandparents by referring to them as old people....
    10-11-2013 12:38 AM
    First stop being disrespectful to your grandparents by referring to them as old people....
    Think you're being a bit oversensitive

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-11-2013 01:25 AM
    I think that's only disrespectful depending on the context lol. My grandma calls herself old lady every other sentence.

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    jkrezdorn likes this.
    10-20-2013 12:02 AM
    HELP!!

I got an S4 last Thursday and I can't get messages from people who have upgraded to iOS7. I unregistered my phone today (so we'll see what happens in however many hours), but here's the kicker: I'm not looking to change my number. Old people (aka grandparents) have it and it's just too difficult to make them remember to change it. Plus, I no longer have my phone. I did a factor restore and wiped that sucker clean, then gave it to my dad, so there's no changing the iMessage functionality either. I'm at an impasse! What is a new phone owner to do?! HELP PLEASE!!
    Did you ever get it sorted out?

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4
    10-26-2013 07:42 AM