10/30 Update!

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hello Shanice! :)
How long ago since you got it and how you like it?
What differences you've notice?

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3

Hi! About 15 minutes now. It's nice to have autocorrect on the stock keyboard but the new emoji are ugly. Nice and smooth tho!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1383621399995.jpg
    1383621399995.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 22

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Auto Backup on my GS4 right now, but it's not fully charged. Will it work if it's charging? I guess it will. :D

It will! I know in the past when I updated using Kies it had to be over 40% tho.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It will! I know in the past when I updated using Kies it had to be over 40% tho.

I've never used kies before and have heard many horror stories about it.

Anyway, I fell asleep last night and didn't do it. :(

Now it'll have to wait until I'm back from work tonight.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've never used kies before and have heard many horror stories about it.

Anyway, I fell asleep last night and didn't do it. :(

Now it'll have to wait until I'm back from work tonight.

This way was easy as pie. Let me know how it goes.

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The reason I'm holding off on downloading from that link is because the sch-l545 is verizon's model # and sprint galaxy s4 is sph-L720. Don't want to risk messing up my phone cause its a pain to have to fix

Posted via Android Central App

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
This way was easy as pie. Let me know how it goes.

Will do. I think I'm getting off in a little bit, so I'll be able to thinker with this update earlier than expected! :thumbup::cool:

Have you encounter any problems, changes to existing stuff or new and exciting things? :eek::D

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, spoke too soon!
Now I'm at the tire shop getting 2 new Michelin LTX M/S 2 tires for my vehicle.

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Another thread was started showing how to update manually and I just finished doing so!!! No more waiting for me :)

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Will do. I think I'm getting off in a little bit, so I'll be able to thinker with this update earlier than expected! :thumbup::cool:

Have you encounter any problems, changes to existing stuff or new and exciting things? :eek::D

The leaked apk for the Kit Kat hangouts crashes, which is unfortunate because I really liked it. Other than that I've noticed that folders open much faster but they stay open after you launch an app so you have to close it. Not much else tho.

And that sucks hopefully tires don't take too long

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The leaked apk for the Kit Kat hangouts crashes, which is unfortunate because I really liked it. Other than that I've noticed that folders open much faster but they stay open after you launch an app so you have to close it. Not much else tho.

And that sucks hopefully tires don't take too long

Thanks for that info! :thumbup::cool:
I just got home. Another day without an update! :(:banghead:

tec64

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
The reason I'm holding off on downloading from that link is because the sch-l545 is verizon's model # and sprint galaxy s4 is sph-L720. Don't want to risk messing up my phone cause its a pain to have to fix

Negative. That zip file is for Sprint and not verizon. It was pulled directly off google servers. if you read into the file software version it is L720vpuemja It also has L720 in the build version. I made sure of this as I read the file first. It is the same update as the Sprint OTA. If you don't want to use it then don't. The I545 is a miss print on the web sight. The file is all that matters. You should read into something before making comments....just saying

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
You right, I also noticed that error. But the file is what matters. :thumbup::cool:

tec64

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
;)
You right, I also noticed that error. But the file is what matters. :thumbup::cool:

Thank you STARGATE ;). You can also verify by going into settings> more>about device, and there it will show L720 in the software, baseband and build number..