Sprint Galaxy S4: 4.3 update brings colored emojis

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4.3 update brings colored emojis

The only bad thing about it is that they have to be sent as mms and before it was sms.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

BIGSAMDA1ST

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded 8sms (stock messaging, KitKat) and the mic/settings its same like the image I have posted before..
Thanks for the help BigSam
But I think my s4 is s***, it has the same lag as before, or more. :(

Hmmm. That seems a little odd...Im currently using it on my S4, My wife's S3 and my daughter's S2..Are you disabling the stock messaging app and making 8SMS your primary?

GS4 Stock Rooted MJA 4.3,Philz Touch CWM,HotSpot Mod,Transparent Weather Widget,8SMS(Stock Messaging,KitKat)

fenjerisms

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

it is infuriating that any emoticon/emoji in a message results in it being sent as an MMS and the traditional :) no longer turns into a yellow graphic representation.

I want my smilies back!

ririfgs

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

i had this problem! but if you use the hangouts app, instead of the traditional messaging application, you can now send SMS messages from there, and it also includes emojis, without sending them as MMS.

the only problem i have is that the application itself is a lot more flamboyant, but im sure i can get used to it.

GermanSi

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

I wrote to Samsung about my problem of the emojis that I don?t have them and they didn?t know how to answer. I?m dissapointed about their service and some problems I have with this update, including the emojis.

Very sad.. (sad emoji) lol

bltserv

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Try the Swift Beta Keyboard. Really nice. Lots of emoji . Might not be in store. But apk file is around.

bella_xo

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Hi, i updated my galaxy 3 yesterday to the 4.3 software. & i was wondering if i should factory reset my phone to see the color emojis on instagram, twitter etc?

may ann

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Hi got an s3 and im using samsubg keyboard recenly i update my ios to 4.3 but when i long press the mic button on my samsung keyboard emoji is nkt included help me bout this tnx.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

It only works with the samsung keyboard not the Swype keyboard. That can be changed in settings in language and input. Hope this helps!

kadams914

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Hi im also trying to figure out how to get emoji on my S3 ... my 4.3 doesnt have the emoji option when I long press mic :(

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

4uge8uqu.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394659847056.jpg
Just press and hold the "mic" button on the Verizon Note3
Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3

kadams914

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm using my samsung keyboard. Nothing there when I long-press the mic. :( it must not be meant to be for me as i've been trying to get emoji since my s2 :(