Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 - Roaming Network No Longer available

Spetes2

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I live in an area where I constantly need to be on roaming, as I don't get cell service. I must have accidentally set my roaming to Home Only, or somehow disabled it completely when my phone was upgraded the other day. When I go to Settings - More Networks there is not even an option on the list for Roaming. Is there a way to get it back? Currently I have no cell service, so I can't make calls or texts. :-\

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I live in an area where I constantly need to be on roaming, as I don't get cell service. I must have accidentally set my roaming to Home Only, or somehow disabled it completely when my phone was upgraded the other day. When I go to Settings - More Networks there is not even an option on the list for Roaming. Is there a way to get it back? Currently I have no cell service, so I can't make calls or texts. :-\
Menu > System Settings > More (under wireless & networks) > Mobile Network. See if there are any settings for roaming. If the device isn't roaming then it could also be a result of recent changes to roaming in your area. For example, roaming means you are connected to another network. if the two networks, your provider and the roaming network, no longer allow roaming on each other's network then you will not have roaming access.

preisedj

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
After a recent firmware upgrade to my Sprint Galaxy S4, I no longer have the roaming setting available on my phone. My wife has the identical phone, software and firmware, and it does have the roaming setting option under "More", while my phone does not. I talked with Sprint Tech Support and after 30 minutes of blaming me, they finally fessed up to the fact that there have been many reports of this problem, but they do not have a solution. As it stands, my phone is practically useless, as roaming is essential given the poor coverage Sprint has in may areas where Verizon does.