Sprint S4: MK2 OTA update today killed WiFi

airportguy2004

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: MK2 OTA update today killed WiFi

i was having the same issue with the wi-fi on my sprint galaxy S4 wont work after i did the MK2 update. i had my phone rooted.
i followed the steps above the steps are easy.
First- you will need odin3-v1.85 note! ( you might already have it when you downloaded it to root your phone )
Second- get the firmwares.. xda-developers - View Single Post - [FIRMWARE][ODIN] All Sprint Firmwares {12/8/13}
download MJA mirror 1 file and then unzip it anywhere you want.
also download MK2 mirror 1 file and unzip like the first one.
Third Step- open odin3-v.185 run it as administrator (you can see it by doing a right click )
Fourth step- get your phone onto download mode( by powering off then hold vol down and power)
then plug your phone to your computer and odin will detect the phone.
Fifth step- click on PDA and find MJA-modem file where you unzip it
make sure auto reboot is checked on odin.
Sixth step- click start and let it work. after its done it will reboot.
We are almost done! you will need to do the exact steps for MK2-modem file as you did for MJA-modem
get you phone on download mode then click PDA and find MK2-modem and then start.
your phone will reboot once again and that should fix the problem!! it worked for my sprint galaxy s4
HOPE YOU FIND this help full. and thanks to unixpsycho aswell and all the the Team. pass the good work guys.
This post should be moved to the top of this thread . Thanks , it worked perfectly. ANd a big **** you to U sprint for this update , If I wasn't in such a hurry this morning to by my son a crapple product , I would have researched this update.
Thanks again dzlnitro

smithilberry

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

i am having the same problem (wifi broke after mk2 update) HOWEVER i have a verizon s4.... i cannot use the same method, right? could anyone help please?

Luis Bermejo

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

i followed this and after the MJA odin said failedOdinFAIL.png

what do i do? my phone still says downloading but it looks like it reached the end but wont reboot

InstaBurn

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

How I got here -
Had Chainfire Autoroot w/MJ9 Hotspot Mod (odexed) ...
knowing that most updates require stock-ish files etc. on my phone, I un-did the Hotspot Mod and put back the stock Services.odex and Services.jar files that I had.

Did the MK2 OTA update, fully expecting that I would have to re-root.
Attempted Re-Root, (using the latest SPH-L720 chainfire autoroot method & file, found here - CF-Root Download )

After re-root attempt, phone seemed fine, when I attempted to enable wi-fi... got the security message blah blah. Wi-fi blocked..

came here.. found my answers in this thread..

So, like stated in previous posts... go get the 2 firmware files... MJA and MK2 ... save those, extract to folders.

for simple recovery/re-flash ...
Turn off phone, reboot using Vol. down+home+power ... wait for recovery screen... press Vol. Up to continue...
Open Odin... (I used v1.85) ... plug in phone to comp.. wait for Yellow COM # "x" box... then load in the MJA file into the PDA section .... press start... phone will download and reboot etc.

Do the same above step for MK2 firmware ...

Once MK2 is flashed... go re-root using method and file mentioned above...

If free hot-spot is desired.. use the new MK2 hotspot found here - xda-developers - View Single Post - [MOD][Deodex][Odex][MDC][MDL][MF9][MJA]Hotspot Mod

I do the simple style and just copy the services files onto my sd card in my phone and then use a root browser to copy + replace and rename the originals for backups.
copy and replace the services.jar and services.odex (rename to .bak for future roll-back and update usage) from the System directory (root browser needed) and enjoy.

tested this.. all of this works on my phone. Took about 10 minutes total.

Benjamin Sutherland

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I tried to do this and it worked i can see the baseband in the settings but the phone keeps rebooting and i don't know how to fix it. I already tried clearing cache and dalvik cache but after upgrading android screen is done and it loads It reboots

GregGriffin13

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

When I reflash to MJA using Odin, I do not lose root and maintained TWRP recovery. I have done this several times (went to MK2 and back). Not sure why, because according to all I'm reading here, that should be the case. I'm trying to get back to complete stock without losing my data.

I'd appreciate any feedback. I'm cool with MJA, flashed hotspot and current set up but plan on leaving my S4 in rooted stock ROM for now, and I would like to be able to take advantage of updates as they roll out.

BIGSAMDA1ST

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

When I reflash to MJA using Odin, I do not lose root and maintained TWRP recovery. I have done this several times (went to MK2 and back). Not sure why, because according to all I'm reading here, that should be the case. I'm trying to get back to complete stock without losing my data.

I'd appreciate any feedback. I'm cool with MJA, flashed hotspot and current set up but plan on leaving my S4 in rooted stock ROM for now, and I would like to be able to take advantage of updates as they roll out.

Try this:

Mk2 link http://www.androidayos.com/2013/12/...-ota-update-mja-mk2-fixes-sleep-mode-problem/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

InstaBurn

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Thought I would chime in here again..

definitely re-flash your mk2 firmware back to stock before doing the MAE upgrade.

I had the rooted MK2 with the hotspot mod... reverted back my services.jar and services.odex back to the originals... but it still barfed on the upgrade.

The fix that worked for me after I tried to upgrade to MAE with rooted MK2 was to just simply re-flash the MAE modem firmware only ... everything works now.
(I should have re-flashed the MK2 Modem only before attempting the Kit-Kat/MAE OTA update...)

xda-developers - View Single Post - [FIRMWARE][ODIN] All Sprint Firmwares {2/13/14}

gonna slap the hotspot mod back in there as well..

[MOD] [NAE] [MK2] [Odex] [DeOdex] Enable Native HotSpot - xda-developers

hope this helps ya'll...

fischproduction

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

Kit Kat is sitting on my phone waiting for me to hit update.
Should I go back to the MJA stock via ODIN prior to updating to Kit Kat? Or is Kit Kat ok to update in root.

FredSchall

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site

Quick question......I have MK2 (from an OTA)..... I am rooted successfully. All I want to do is get the Hotspot. Do I ONLY use the HotspotMod-MK2 above to obtain the Hotspot to work? No installing of the MJA and then the MK2 as you stated above. Only the HotspotModMK2 above. I want to keep it simple. Many thanks!!!!