04-23-2014 04:37 PM
101 ... 2345
tools
    I just use a bluetooth headset...

" Sent from my Galaxy S4 "
    02-20-2014 11:39 AM
    Got my update this morning. Haven't had much time to really delve into it, but no noticeable apps are missing. I have noticed the update triggered some apps to immediately update and that my home keys changed to the default ones rather than the ones I put there. No big deal there. Overall seems to run smoother and responds quicker. The egg was about what I expected...nothing special, but kinda cool. Will post more if I notice anything else worth mention. Posting screenshots of the egg.Sprint Galaxy S4: KitKat-screenshot_2014-02-21-08-20-31.jpgSprint Galaxy S4: KitKat-screenshot_2014-02-21-08-20-39.jpgSprint Galaxy S4: KitKat-screenshot_2014-02-21-08-21-14.jpg
    02-21-2014 08:03 AM
    Update deleted 3 apps that i noticed so far. who knows what other ones got erased too .. effen sux.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app
    02-21-2014 09:27 AM
    For those who are waiting so impatiently, and wondering if the OTA is related to location, or to how long you've had your phone, or whatever......

I got mine on the 14th, about 5:30 am, near Tampa FL.
    My wife has the identical phone - she's technically the "primary line" on the account - which was activated within a minute of mine.
    She still does not have the update. Perhaps it's significant that she really doesn't care, either?

It comes when it comes, unless you force it with a manual download.
    rando991 likes this.
    02-21-2014 09:31 AM
    Got my OTA 4.4.2 3am PST.
    I had to reset preferences in application manager but that's it.
    Smoking fast and Smooth as silk.
    Only lost one app Vibe Vault.
    Love it.

Running Nova launcher & Neutron Music player, only way to fly

Posted via Android Central App
    02-22-2014 03:43 PM
    Are most of you checking for the update in settings or having it pop up in notifications? I have stopped checking, Lord knows when I will get it.

Unleashed From My Galaxy S4
    Why not manually update? Waiting is killer!! Lol :-)

02-22-2014 04:36 PM
    I hear some people say better to wait plus where can I obtain it from?

Unleashed From My Galaxy S4
    Go to the first page of this discussion and the 9th from last comment from darnell has the download link, just tap on it and it should start downloading!!

02-22-2014 05:07 PM
    Went ahead and manually upgraded. Lost more than a dozen apps.

They all reinstalled ok except for DoubleTwist. It can't find the MicroSD card. Uninstalling and installing didn't help. Syncing it with my iMac worked fine. The app still can't see my MicroSD card.

Come on DoubleTwist, get your act together.
    Looks like this problem is a major KitKat problem. KitKat makes it hard to write to the microSD card.

Check this out:
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 3 Android 4.4 Problem hits Micro SD Card
    02-23-2014 11:29 AM
    Looks like this problem is a major KitKat problem. KitKat makes it hard to write to the microSD card.

Check this out:
    Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 3 Android 4.4 Problem hits Micro SD Card
    I have zero problems, I can create, rename, and delete folders, and move contents, to and from external SD card with the stock file manager, ES file explore, or computer, I have not tried to do it over a network yet, but everything else works just as it did on jelly bean.
    02-23-2014 12:26 PM
    My phone started loading this OTA this morning, but got stuck at 85%. I finally got sick and tired of it so I shut my phone down after about 3 hours. I'm somewhat of a newbie (and old lol!) so I'm not sure how to do that manual crap. Is there a way to go back and find it OTA in my settings menu? I thought there was, but I can't find the instructions nor can I figure it out after playing around for about 10 minutes.
    02-27-2014 01:21 PM
    My phone started loading this OTA this morning, but got stuck at 85%. I finally got sick and tired of it so I shut my phone down after about 3 hours. I'm somewhat of a newbie (and old lol!) so I'm not sure how to do that manual crap. Is there a way to go back and find it OTA in my settings menu? I thought there was, but I can't find the instructions nor can I figure it out after playing around for about 10 minutes.
    Go to settings>more> system update (should be 2nd to last option)> update samsung software

02-27-2014 02:07 PM
    Go to settings>more> system update (should be 2nd to last option)> update samsung software

Thanks for the assist, hardrocker. I followed that path but didn't have the 'update Samsung sofware' option. I had to click on the last option called 'About device' and then the first option on the next screen was 'Software update'. My phone just completed the 417.66 mbs download and successfully installed it. NOw I need to figure out if my apps work the way they should.
    hardrocker89 likes this.
    02-28-2014 05:42 AM
    Thanks for the assist, hardrocker. I followed that path but didn't have the 'update Samsung sofware' option. I had to click on the last option called 'About device' and then the first option on the next screen was 'Software update'. My phone just completed the 417.66 mbs download and successfully installed it. NOw I need to figure out if my apps work the way they should.
    No problem, that download seems bigger than the file I downloaded to manually update.

02-28-2014 09:51 AM
    No problem, that download seems bigger than the file I downloaded to manually update.

Agreed, the setup and file size are not right. BattleShip must not have a Sprint S4.

And for those who don't know, SamMobile has the full NAE tar for download now.
    02-28-2014 12:56 PM
    Got prompted to update this morning, but I have been holding off. I finally got my flash player to start working well, and there is no way I want to risk losing it.
    03-03-2014 10:21 PM
    Just checking in one last time.
    As you may (and I do) recall, I got the update on the 14th.
    My wife finally got it on March 1st. Installation went easily, I restarted it a couple of times, and she tells me she is only missing a single app that she knows of.

All in all, an easy update. My own problems were also resolved, probably by restarting a time or two.
    03-04-2014 05:02 PM
    Just got the update notification this morning in NC, installed it half an hour ago. As with others, my wife's phone is the primary one and there's no sign of it on her phone yet. I lost at least half a dozen apps including ones I use a lot: Battery Widget Colornote, BBC News, Eye In Sky weather and (surprisingly) Google Sound Search as well as some others. They weren't just missing, they were completely uninstalled. I also lost a couple of Go Launcher themes that were uninstalled too.

I'm patiently trying to find the benefits to the update. Maybe the Settings > More > Default Applications link. But I definitely don't like having apps removed, nor do I like the new font appearance on the drop down notifications.
    03-05-2014 10:19 PM
    S4 just got 4.4, and frankly, I wished I'd not allowed this update. Don't know how they managed to target just Amazon app store, but boy did they effectively Kill all functionality for logging into and using their app store, can't log-in (auto-fudging the inputs?) all the apps I'd installed from Amazon were apparently removed from my phone, if not the apk's, certainly the installs/access icons.

I want to get rid of this phone now, thanks to this update.. If this is the future of Android, I'd rather have a stinking windows8 phone, Thanks Google/Samsung.. really dirty deal of an update.
    03-07-2014 09:15 AM
    Just got the update notification this morning in NC, installed it half an hour ago. As with others, my wife's phone is the primary one and there's no sign of it on her phone yet. I lost at least half a dozen apps including ones I use a lot: Battery Widget Colornote, BBC News, Eye In Sky weather and (surprisingly) Google Sound Search as well as some others. They weren't just missing, they were completely uninstalled. I also lost a couple of Go Launcher themes that were uninstalled too.

I'm patiently trying to find the benefits to the update. Maybe the Settings > More > Default Applications link. But I definitely don't like having apps removed, nor do I like the new font appearance on the drop down notifications.
    Have you done at least one if not two restarts of your phone? Some people have had to restart their phone and the update finished optimizing the rest of the apps. In your play store app they have a category showing what all apps you've downloaded and should be easy to re download again.

Tsukiyomi likes this.
    03-07-2014 09:22 AM
    Have you done at least one if not two restarts of your phone? Some people have had to restart their phone and the update finished optimizing the rest of the apps. In your play store app they have a category showing what all apps you've downloaded and should be easy to re download again.

Thanks, yep I restarted a couple of times and got the additional files. What's REALLY strange though (and I can't explain this at all) is that the missing Go Launcher themes weren't showing up in My Apps. Maybe I installed them directly via the phone and just forgot. Either way, even the couple of restarts didn't bring my missing apps back. I'll post an update once my wife's phone has got 4.4 (although she's keeping her fingers crossed she doesn't get it, lol)
    hardrocker89 likes this.
    03-07-2014 11:05 AM
    Lost a number of my apps as well. Have not pinpointed to the Amazon app store or not. Seems like the partially fixed the mobile data toggle so it does not set roaming to the home network

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    03-07-2014 05:27 PM
    I was surprised to see the update waiting for me this morning (Sunday). No issues so far and the only app I found missing so far was my bank app.

Missing apps after KitKat update:
    • Bank app (Bank of Oklahoma)
    • Trip Advisor City Guide
    • Adobe Flash
    • AppBrain
    • ES Task Manager

Others:
    • SCloudStarter
    • Screensaver (I'm not sure what Screensaver)
    • WSGoogleDocs
    • com.sprint.mobileid.googleiconpack
    03-10-2014 03:31 AM
    Happy the report that DoubleTwist is now working.
    03-18-2014 12:38 AM
    Thanks, yep I restarted a couple of times and got the additional files. What's REALLY strange though (and I can't explain this at all) is that the missing Go Launcher themes weren't showing up in My Apps. Maybe I installed them directly via the phone and just forgot. Either way, even the couple of restarts didn't bring my missing apps back. I'll post an update once my wife's phone has got 4.4 (although she's keeping her fingers crossed she doesn't get it, lol)
    As promised, here's an update now that my wife's "Upgraded":

She downloaded & installed Kit Kat. No popups suggesting she restart, nothing. Checked the phone and apps were indeed missing but this time we restarted her phone twice and everything was back in its place. However, like me, her battery life has been almost halved now with Android System shooting to the top of the battery use list.
    03-20-2014 05:54 PM
    Happy the report that DoubleTwist is now working.
    I spoke too soon on this one.

All Doubletwist did was disable syncing to the MicroSD card. Now I know what my internal storage is so low. Argh!
    04-23-2014 03:49 PM
101 ... 2345