Sprint Galaxy S4: KitKat

Dvdbones

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: KitKat

Pasadena, CA... STILL no update. :) I've got the ZIP file on my SD though but I just wanna see that OTA notification! Gonna hold out 'till Thursday, which will be a week since the rollout...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

If you're going to push manually, remember you'll need either a small microSD card (2GB or 4GB) or a small partition. I tried it on my 32GB card but the recovery menu couldn't read a partition that big. Tried again with a 2GB card and that worked just fine.

TomD

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

If you're going to push manually, remember you'll need either a small microSD card (2GB or 4GB) or a small partition. I tried it on my 32GB card but the recovery menu couldn't read a partition that big. Tried again with a 2GB card and that worked just fine.

My 32GB microSD card worked fine. What message were you getting that told you it was too big to read?

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

No message, the system couldn't see any files on the card. I could browse the files fine with the phone booted up, but recovery didn't see any files on it at all. Worked fine with the 2GB card, figured that was the issue.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

It doesnt matter where you live in relation to when you get the update. I'm in south florida and got mine early this morning.

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Just got KitKat OTA last night. Seems a bit smoother. Many of my apps disapeared, but a LOT of the junkware that was installed on the phone from Sprint is now gone too! So, I just reloaded the apps I wanted and it's all good to go. No other "issues" thus far.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I installed the update even though I said I was going to wait it out until I hear if there was any bugs etc. So far so good! No issues. And no apps were missing! Loving it thus far!

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

I have found one bug so far: When talking on the phone, the proximity between my chin and the phone activates the speakerphone. This was quite a surprise the first time it happened, and it has happened consistently since as long as the screen is on. If the screen is off, it appears to be OK. After I manually upgraded I did a factory data reset, so the phone is more or less a clean stock kitkat install.

anyone else seeing this issue? I suppose a workaround would be to turn off the proximity monitoring when a call is being made, which is in settings. This is new, I never had this issue before today.

Sierra1167

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site

Got my update this morning. Haven't had much time to really delve into it, but no noticeable apps are missing. I have noticed the update triggered some apps to immediately update and that my home keys changed to the default ones rather than the ones I put there. No big deal there. Overall seems to run smoother and responds quicker. The egg was about what I expected...nothing special, but kinda cool. Will post more if I notice anything else worth mention. Posting screenshots of the egg.Screenshot_2014-02-21-08-20-31.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-21-08-20-39.jpgScreenshot_2014-02-21-08-21-14.jpg

SombreroUno

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Update deleted 3 apps that i noticed so far. who knows what other ones got erased too .. effen sux.

spensergig

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

For those who are waiting so impatiently, and wondering if the OTA is related to location, or to how long you've had your phone, or whatever......

I got mine on the 14th, about 5:30 am, near Tampa FL.
My wife has the identical phone - she's technically the "primary line" on the account - which was activated within a minute of mine.
She still does not have the update. Perhaps it's significant that she really doesn't care, either?

It comes when it comes, unless you force it with a manual download.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Got my OTA 4.4.2 3am PST.
I had to reset preferences in application manager but that's it.
Smoking fast and Smooth as silk.
Only lost one app Vibe Vault.
Love it.

Running Nova launcher & Neutron Music player, only way to fly

Posted via Android Central App