Unlock Phone Sprint Galaxy S4

sweets1029

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Where can I get an unlock code to unlock my Sprint Galaxy S4? I just want to use my phone internationally while I travel, and Sprint won't unlock it.

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Can't unlock it with code. When you enter an unaccepted Sim it doesn't ask for code. It just prompts that the sim is invalid. If you are on 4.3 as far as I know, there is nothing.

Posted via Android Central App

dimm0k

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Sprint used to unlock phones... what changed? I remember when I had the BlackBerry 9630 and then the 9930 that all I had to do was call in and have them provide me the unlock code and they did so with no convincing!

bltserv

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Straight Talk is telling me that if I install their Sim card it will work. Was thinking of spending 50 bucks and giving it a try. Its still CDMA.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even GET my s4 from sprint and they wont unlock it i got mine from best buy.....

This. I had an HTC One with them.. Bought full price on amazon and they wouldn't unlock. I left after that :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Cindy Ganoe1

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Im just saying i like my s4 i bought it out right straight out i dont owe sprint 1$ for my phone.. Im not going have sprint -att whoever tell me were i can have phone sevice ..This is the usa RIGHT

dimm0k

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
After calling them, this is the email confirmation they sent me...

Hello dimm0k

This email is intended to confirm that Sprint has successfully processed the unlock request for your Samsung Galaxy s4 Device on phone number: xxxabcdefg

In order for the device unlock to be finalized; the device has to be connected to the CDMA Network or a stable Wi-Fi data connection. Once the device unlock is complete, you should be able to insert the International SIM card and use the GSM Network.

If the international SIM card is not working, insert the original SIM card and follow these steps once you are connected to the CDMA Network OR a stable Wi-Fi data connection: go to Settings > More (tab) > System Update > UICC unlock. This will initiate the necessary update, then you can insert the international SIM card again and the network should change to GSM.

If you have any additional questions or concerns please contact Sprint World Wide care at 888-226-7212.

Thank you,

Eric T.
Sprint eCare

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Here's the bottom line:

Sprint will unlock devices, if capable, for qualified customers, but the phones will only work in other countries. There are software blocks in place to prevent domestic usage.

There are always ways around that though. I'm available to help anyone who wants to get their S4 unlocked.

smashlie33

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My phone is a samsung galaxy s4 mini on sprint. SPH-L520 on 4.2.2 firmware. I have rooted my phone and i have developer options. my app root checker said it is successful. Now i downloaded RegionLockAway and i go through all the motions and RegionLockAway tells me the patch seems to be fixed and reboots. but when it comes on instead of being unlocked it just says Invalid Sim Card. I have an ATT sim that I am trying to use. please help. thank you.

Reuben Castain

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello i would love some help man i have been at this an entire day. I have rooted my sprint s4 and flashed it and regionally unlocked it and also got a unlock code from sprint themsselves but cannot get the promt to enter it to come up

Reuben Castain

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Here's the bottom line:

Sprint will unlock devices, if capable, for qualified customers, but the phones will only work in other countries. There are software blocks in place to prevent domestic usage.

There are always ways around that though. I'm available to help anyone who wants to get their S4 unlocked.
Can u give me some guidance?