Unlock Phone Sprint Galaxy S4

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I encountered the same nonsensical gibberish from Sprint's Customer Care reps and Tech Support reps about unlocking my phone, which is not on contract anymore. They gave me the Master Subsidy Lock code and told me that another carrier of my choice would be able to unlock my phone using these steps: insert the new carrier's SIM (such as AT&T), then in the pop-up PIN window, enter the MSL code...and voila it's unlocked! Except we all know this doesn't work. It was a pretty frustrating experience listening to all the deceptive comments and explanations, and finally they admitted that their policy doesn't allow them to unlock MY phone!
This morning I submitted a consumer complaint to the FCC about Sprint's non-compliance with the FCC and CTIA rules and agreements on unlocking cell phones. Sprint is obligated, upon my request, to unlock my phone or provide instructions to me on how to unlock it myself, and they refused to do it based on policy, and admitted their stance is not based on a technical restriction. After all, if another carrier can supposedly unlock my phone simply by entering the MSL code, then why can't Sprint do it too? Switching to Cricket soon.

ajaybtech

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi, ,

I am in US, and I submitted request to unlock my Sprint Galaxy S4 internationally. Sprint gave me instruction and I followed those instructions.
While unlocking the Sprint Galaxy S4, when I clicked on UICC unlock, message came "Profile updated successfully). (Before this , I was getting error message "Invalid Sim") but after UICC unlock, I am not getting any error message.

Now I inserted my Internationale SIM Card in it, I am getting message "Your account could not be validated, please contact Sprint customer care".
Do you knmow the for this message. This international sim is working good in other unlocked mobile phone.

Regards
Ajay Sharma

chrstnp75

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I need my sprint sph-l720t unlocked for domestic use, i have the unlock code. I switched to att and got a new sim card but it says invalid sim and dosent ask for a unlock code. Can you help

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I need my sprint sph-l720t unlocked for domestic use, i have the unlock code. I switched to att and got a new sim card but it says invalid sim and dosent ask for a unlock code. Can you help
Was the "unlock" code issued to you by Sprint? How many digits are in your unlock code?

stargoddess843

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Here's the bottom line:

Sprint will unlock devices, if capable, for qualified customers, but the phones will only work in other countries. There are software blocks in place to prevent domestic usage.

There are always ways around that though. I'm available to help anyone who wants to get their S4 unlocked.

I'm have been researching.....& researching, trying to figure this out.... but no luck. Do u think u could help me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgooter

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm have been researching.....& researching, trying to figure this out.... but no luck. Do u think u could help me?
Don't count on anyone being able to unlock your Sprint GS4. If certain conditions are met, per Sprint's unlock policy, then Sprint will give you the Master Subsidy Lock code for your phone; my MSL code is 6 digits. It's best to engage Sprint via chat to pursue getting the MSL code, then you can have that chat transcript with the MSL number emailed to you. The unlock procedure is: power off your phone, pull the battery, remove the Sprint micro SIM, insert an active micro SIM from another carrier, re-insert the battery, then power on your phone. During the power up, a window should quickly pop up for you to enter the MSL/PIN code, then tap the Unlock button on the screen; moments later you should see "Network Unlock Successful" on your screen. Now your phone is unlocked. The Sprint GS4 is a multi-band GSM/CDMA phone, so it has the right antennas to operate on 2G and 3G with many USA carriers, but likely will only work on 4G with Sprint.
HOWEVER, I don't know of anyone who has been able to successfully unlock their Sprint GS4 - because the pop-up PIN entry window never appears! Sprint is also intentionally vague on whether an unlocked Sprint phone will work on any other USA carrier network. For all of these reasons, I will never be a Sprint customer again. Don't do business with a wireless company that holds you and/or your phone hostage, especially after you have fully paid for the phone and are no longer on a Sprint contract.
Last week I was able to use the above procedure to successfully unlock my AT&T-branded GS4. I submitted the unlock request online to AT&T; they replied with the unlock code within 8 minutes, and 2 minutes later my AT&T GS4 was unlocked. That's the way it should work with any reputable company.

surfdweb

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I am quite interested in unlocking my Samsung S4
It is a Sprint
Imei # [IMEI redacted by Mod]
The 15 didgit does not show!

How would I go about this?
Surfer62
Here's the bottom line:

Sprint will unlock devices, if capable, for qualified customers, but the phones will only work in other countries. There are software blocks in place to prevent domestic usage.

There are always ways around that though. I'm available to help anyone who wants to get their S4 unlocked.

CrystalEubanks

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Here's the bottom line:

how do I unlock my galaxy s4 whenever it's carrier is sprint pcs. someone please let me know asap so I can unlock it myself asap

1BadBoyToo

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for help unlocking my Sprint SPH-L720 (Galaxy S4) phone as well, but this is an OLD thread, and I don't think anyone is monitoring it any more.

Anyone know of a better thread for help with the unlock process for this phone (Samsung Galaxy S4, SPH-L720)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance