What is bloatware and what is needed?

Sierra1167

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a new GS4 on Sprint. Because of my love of games and apps, I keep getting warnings of low memory, so I would like to dump the apps I don't need/want. Not to mention, I want a streamlined phone that has what I want without being buried under things I don't. A LOT of this is Sprint stock apps. I am limited on my knowledge though, so I am afraid to uninstall apps willy nilly and cause issues with my phone. Can someone tell me what the vital apps are so I can get rid of some of the crap I will never use? No offense to anyone, but Nascar for instance....I am not a fan. Why should I have this taking up space on my phone?

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Bloatware is just anything that come pre-installed from the carrier that you don't want/need. As far as apps go, you should be able to delete any of them without effecting how your phone works...that being said some carrier apps will not let you uninstall them without root access.

Sierra1167

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Okay. I was just nervous because every time I start to uninstall one I get a warning that by uninstalling the preloaded app it could affect the performance of the phone. It's that just a scare tactic?

Posted via Android Central App

bltserv

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Be careful. Some apps control the touch screen and can cause issues. I would suggest stopping them first. Move as many to your SD card as well. And get something like clean master to help you out.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Be careful. Some apps control the touch screen and can cause issues. I would suggest stopping them first. Move as many to your SD card as well. And get something like clean master to help you out.

You can't move system apps to the SD card...
Anyway, OP, like he said, stop the apps first and see if anything stops working before you freeze or delete it.
You need root access and something like Titanium Backup Pro to delete bloatware

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol