Sprint Galaxy S4 KitKat update

Lou Rivera

May 6, 2013
Visit site
To get in manually Go to frameworks on applications and clear it ,then go back to system updates.You might need to do it a few times in my case 3 times but got the update manually with out downloading anything.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s4 kit kat update

Coincidence? I got it last night - wasn't even.looking for it. ;-) - great update - smooth, fast. Way better battery life!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

it can and will? How so? i've been told be many people to do this and it causes no issues! Please elaborate!

All I've noticed it doing is basically turning off location services on the phone and when an app requires it later on it gives you the option to turn them back on. I'll add a "so far" and knock on wood that's all it does to the phone lol

Posted via Android Central App

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

it can and will? How so? i've been told be many people to do this and it causes no issues! Please elaborate!
Well I should say it's not going to brick it, but it can cause software problems as confirmed by a Google Dev. A quick search will turn up the article which was posted on several android sites.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Well I should say it's not going to brick it, but it can cause software problems as confirmed by a Google Dev. A quick search will turn up the article which was posted on several android sites.

found this article and based off the info, not too worried about it but I do appreciate the heads up!
Google engineer explains why you shouldn’t clear Google Services Framework data | TalkAndroid.com

- - - Updated - - -

found this article and based off the info, not too worried about it but I do appreciate the heads up!
http://www.talkandroid.com/185088-google-engineer-explains-why-you-shouldnt-clear-google-services-framework-data/

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I cleared my framework 1 time this afternoon and 4.4.2 was ready to go. I installed it and did a factory reset on my phone and it works just fine.

Also I noticed I went into the Sprint Zone app, clicked on my device then Dashboard and it showed that I had a device software update ready to download. when it would not download the normal way that 's when I cleared the framework and got 4.4.2 and again my phone works amazing! it feels like it just came right out of the box all new and shiny.

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

It shows the same in my sprint zone app but I can't get the update..... I guess I must just wait

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

user22410

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone help with this one? I had a stock (MF9 I believe) and just had root access. I did the OTA and have lost WIFI. I'd lost it before when I did the MF9 update and manually flashed the modem using ODIN. I tried doing the same thing (to reinstall the modem) but to no avail. I try to push the wifi quick link and from the settings and it quickly turns back off. HELP!

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I could not be more excited all the hype and waiting for Kit Kat to arrive got the update in Massachusetts today and after using it for 2 hours other than the battery icon being white instead of Android green what changed? Everything including speed, menus and so on seem the same to me. I don't get what all the post's with people so anxious to get this update is all about, if you have not got it yet I would not lose any sleep waiting.

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site

I could not be more excited all the hype and waiting for Kit Kat to arrive got the update in Massachusetts today and after using it for 2 hours other than the battery icon being white instead of Android green what changed? Everything including speed, menus and so on seem the same to me. I don't get what all the post's with people so anxious to get this update is all about, if you have not got it yet I would not lose any sleep waiting.

Biggest is the RAM optimization imo

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4

DDT1345

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for the update for my Sprint GS4 almost 2 weeks after the supposed release. I know it doesn't matter, but I'm in Northern NJ. Bought my phone last August. Seems strange that all the phones haven't been notified yet. Sprint Zone app says I'm out of date but System Update disagrees...

DDT1345

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Just got an email from Sprint suggesting I check for updates often to keep my GS4 running smooth and fast. I'm trying Sprint! But you haven't decided to allow me to have the update yet!

wolfiered1

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Got an email from Sprint to update, I said YES and automatically my phone started updating to KitKat. Took about 30 minutes for the whole process, then got the bad news, more than 20 programs were missing, including Google Voice, which surprised me. It took me 3 hours to identify all the missing programs and then reinstall. My greatest fear was programs I had purchased and would have to deal with getting the developer to resolve it. Surprise, after installing the programs, I guess the framework was still there, but they acted just like they did before. I am back to normal, although a couple of programs that got deleted are no longer available or I can't find them.

Nothing about the upgrade jumps out at me, I guess I need to go and read the new features to see what I am getting. I need more time, but it does appear there is less battery drain.

I guess the wait is over for me, when is 5.0 coming out? I want it now! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995