Samsung Galaxy S4 Keyboard can't remember added/new words!!!

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i've noticed over the past week or so my Samsung Keyboard lost all of my saved words randomly and now no matter what I do, when I type in a word and save it, once I try it again in the same contact it's fine but when I back out and go back in or go to seperate person text thread it doesn't remember the word! pretty much it can't save my added words anymore. It won't learn anything.

NOTE: I did just update to KitKat but I noticed this happened about a week ago prior to getting the update.

I tried pulling the battery. no go. I cleared data & cache in sammy keyboard in app manager - no go, I reset my keyboard settings cleared everything. NOTHING

has anyone else experienced this? IS THERE ANY WORK AROUND TO GET IT TO START WORKING AND SAVING MY WORDS AGAIN?

please any help will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to use swype keyboard since this has all the new emojis and dont want to download a different keyboard.

someone help!

ggonz

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have this problems with my S3... it happened when it started crashing all time ... after on crash the keyboard never remembered any word and never learned any one ... its very ewird

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I've always found Samsung keyboard to be useless. The word correction, even when manually set, is subpar. You may not want to try this but I'd recommend Google Keyboard which is free or SwiftKey which costs around $5.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

shoeboy23

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. I don't want a new keyboard. I just want the existing keyboard to work like it did for the first 6 months I had the damn phone. It's a pain in the @$$ retyping cool words all the time. Tlaquepaque is a tough word to type over and over again.

NCTexasGirl4048

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I think I may have found a solution. I recently had the same problem w/ my samsung galaxy s4 Active. I went into settings. I then hit the settings tool icon beside samsung keyboard. Made sure predictive text was on. I actually clicked it off then back on. Then I clicked on the word predictive text and under personalization there are a few learn options. I clicked learn from messages and learn from contacts. I just sent a message and it seemed to fix it! Please let me know if this helps any of ya'll!

djdonnyk

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
One word ditch the keyboard and download swift keyboard, you won't regret it.

Posted via Android Central App

shoeboy23

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I think I may have found a solution. I recently had the same problem w/ my samsung galaxy s4 Active. I went into settings. I then hit the settings tool icon beside samsung keyboard. Made sure predictive text was on. I actually clicked it off then back on. Then I clicked on the word predictive text and under personalization there are a few learn options. I clicked learn from messages and learn from contacts. I just sent a message and it seemed to fix it! Please let me know if this helps any of ya'll!

THIS WAS THE FIX FOR ME!!! I did this last week and it's been spot on since. A MILLION THANKS!! I'll share it on the other two threads I've followed with the same issue.

Akshay Rampatha

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
There's a quick and easy fit. I had the same problem. Simply do a cache partition wipe. Power down your device. Then hold the volume +, power and home button together to enter recovery mode. Choose the "wipe cache partition" and then reboot. Problem solved.

NB!!! No personal data will be effected. Your files and apps are safe.

bluemaira

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to erase some words from dictionary when they were nt gtn erased by tapping on them for long..searched online saw somewhere abt clearing keyboard data.. so I followed da instructions and went to setting -> application manager->and found keyboard. Clicked on clear data.. i wanted to erase somewords rather it erased all my dictionary.
Now the problem i faced was that when i tried typing words on the new keypad .. it didnt display any words . The suggested words that it used to display. Whatever i typed it didnt save that too n the words suggestion field appeared black n empty ..no matter whatever i typed. It stopped displaying words in the suggestion field and stopped adding words.. i did everyrhing i cud by searching online. Turned on off predictive text bt no use. Rebooted. Cleared system cache. Everything but no use.. thn accidently i went to something.. within the samsung keyboard setting.. where there it says select input languages.. i selected that and scrolled down to find out that english language was not installed.. :O i tapped on it and it installed english language UK and US.. since then my words r back and dictionary saving words..
Try this if u have the same problem.

Mogar

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i've noticed over the past week or so my Samsung Keyboard lost all of my saved words randomly and now no matter what I do, when I type in a word and save it, once I try it again in the same contact it's fine but when I back out and go back in or go to seperate person text thread it doesn't remember the word! pretty much it can't save my added words anymore. It won't learn anything.

NOTE: I did just update to KitKat but I noticed this happened about a week ago prior to getting the update.

I tried pulling the battery. no go. I cleared data & cache in sammy keyboard in app manager - no go, I reset my keyboard settings cleared everything. NOTHING

has anyone else experienced this? IS THERE ANY WORK AROUND TO GET IT TO START WORKING AND SAVING MY WORDS AGAIN?

please any help will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to use swype keyboard since this has all the new emojis and dont want to download a different keyboard.

someone help!

So I managed to fix it a completely different way but a root is required. I uninstalled the Samsung Keyboard and just reinstalled it and it works great. I don't know if this will help anyone, I figured I'd put it up anyway.

Note3PhoneHome

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site

Good Find! This also worked for me--for like a day. Then my phone went back to not having any saved words. I hope that didn't happen to you too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante