04-01-2015 10:00 AM
36 12
tools
    this is more like what my battery use is

Sprint Galaxy S4: "Android System" is draining my battery since I updated to KitKat-screenshot_2014-03-19-12-50-24.jpg
    03-19-2014 12:55 PM
    Does anyone know if I have a unlocked atT phone if I'm still eligible for the upgrade to kitkat?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-19-2014 05:14 PM
    Do you use the power saving mode?

Sent from a device beyond your wildest dreams!
    03-19-2014 08:59 PM
    This is my problem... The kernel is keeping the phone awake for more than four hours.... Hopefully they release a fix for this.

Sprint Galaxy S4: "Android System" is draining my battery since I updated to KitKat-screenshot_2014-03-19-22-39-42.jpg
    03-20-2014 09:59 AM
    Hi guys, I don't know if this will be of any help but it is worth a try.

I experience battery drain every time I update on my HTC one AT&T version. The problem that happens is that the updater that ATT provides tends to keep looping even after the update is finished.

I'm not sure how it works on Sprint but on ATT if you check software and there is nothing available it will tell you to wait 24 hours before you try again.

What I do is go into your date and set it manually a day ahead. After you have done this, check for software updates again. If it says everything is up to date again, go back into your date and set it back to automatic.

This tends to disrupt the loop of the updater to keep looking for new software and I think the kernel name is redbend if you happen to see it under your wakelock detector.

Again, I don't know of sprints updater works the same but this works for me every time and it seems it is the only thing that works.
    03-26-2014 11:27 AM
    Does anyone know if I have a unlocked atT phone if I'm still eligible for the upgrade to kitkat?

Posted via Android Central App
    Only att can push that on the stock rom so simply pop in an at&t sim and your going to have it pushed but if your on 4.2.2 stay the hell away root and flash as you please loki doki dont work on 4.3 or 4.4.2 so you have been warned also kit kat will screw over your sd card and break your gps

must have unlocked boot loaders!!
    03-27-2014 04:22 PM
    I have the same battery drainage problem. It's the Android system and Exchange services which drains the battery. This has happened to me previously, and then it was the Google Play services which drained the battery. Last time the problem lasted for a couple of days, and then the battery returned to "normal", without my changing any settings or anything. This time, however, the problem won't go away by itself!!! But I still do not see how my changing the location settings or any other settings can fix the problem permanently. This is not the cause of the problem (I know, because I did not mess with any settings before this problem started). So in my opinion, changing settings will only be "symptoms treatment"...
    05-08-2014 03:28 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Rooted stock, somewhat debloated and the HSIC wakelock is eating battery and causing 1/2 the battery life I had before. So far I haven't seen any solution and nothing that I have tried has worked. Luckily, I still have the MF9 bootloader so I can at least go back. MF9 was rock solid for a stock ROM, and really had no issues to speak of.
    11-03-2014 10:16 PM
    Disable the photo backup in Google+ That fixed it for me
    11-12-2014 01:41 AM
    Looks exactly like my phones battery profile, same exact wavelock problems . Only started after NG6 update, not the intital kit kat update. Did you ever find a solution?
    11-18-2014 10:01 PM
    I'm still looking for a solution as well.
    04-01-2015 10:00 AM
36 12