Sprint Galaxy S4: Just got KitKat - Now email doesn't work

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm stock, not rooted. I just received the KitKat update yesterday and all appeared to be OK, but I then noticed that I am unable to delete emails from my phone. I've got 3 separate accounts using imap on godaddy. I've tried a couple of other email clients and they work with no issue, just the stock Samsung email client having the issue.
I hit delete, the email doesn't delete from the phone. I hit refresh, it's right back in the list. Also won't delete from the server.

Sprint store said I'm out of luck. I don't want to root and am ultra frustrated.
I'm using aqua mail but I don't like the lack of specific folder access.

Has anyone had this issue? How did you fix it? I've searched the web and found nothing. I can't seem to find an apk for the stock Samsung email app either.
Please help!
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

dllebandroid

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just got Kitkat - Now email doesn't work

I have this issue as well. I thought it was just me. Im not able to sync my email anymore. I can't find a solution either.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Had the same issue had to remove the E-mail account and then add it back, good news problem solved bad news lost all but a few remaining emails left on server, not a good.

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

And just like that, as of this morning it's working again. I wonder if Samsung pushed an update to the email apk?

packhntr

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Go to home screen, pull down the screen to expose the top menu icons, upper right corner has four small squares, tap it, this exposes all the main icons, bottom row has master sync tab, tap it and then sync emails. Problem solved.

beyond_redemption

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

PACKHNTR, your tip was spot on & worked 100%.

My wifes galaxy s4 was not syncing email after her update to kitkat.

She was driving me insane asking me to sort it out for her to no avail UNTIL I followed your directions.

Thank You happy wife, happy life.

Your New Fan.... GT Ohh

beyond_redemption

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site

PACKHNTR, your tip was spot on & worked 100%.*

My wifes galaxy s4 was not syncing email after her update to kitkat.

She was driving me insane asking me to sort it out for her to no avail UNTIL I followed your directions.*

Thank You happy wife, happy life.

Your New Fan.... GT Ohh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital