Tri-Band MK5 Kit-Kat ?

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
WHAT??!! You have that 'non-existent' triband phone? I just went on a rant on another thread. ..Best buy told me there was no such thing when I was shopping for a phone. I even told them the last letter of the model# would be 'T'. No dice. . No phone. So, after a few more trips to Best Buy I went ahead and bought my S4. Two weeks later I see the announcement that the triband is out. Still within the 2 week period I go BACK to Best Buy. They basically said I'm crazy and ALL S4 phones are triband. I gave up and gave in. I REALLY wanted that triband to get better reception in a pretty bad spot where I go to visit family. So, please tell me. .. Has the triband helped with your reception? I know I'm out of luck, but I'm STILL very curious! Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

jnichols16

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
WHAT??!! You have that 'non-existent' triband phone? I just went on a rant on another thread. ..Best buy told me there was no such thing when I was shopping for a phone. I even told them the last letter of the model# would be 'T'. No dice. . No phone. So, after a few more trips to Best Buy I went ahead and bought my S4. Two weeks later I see the announcement that the triband is out. Still within the 2 week period I go BACK to Best Buy. They basically said I'm crazy and ALL S4 phones are triband. I gave up and gave in. I REALLY wanted that triband to get better reception in a pretty bad spot where I go to visit family. So, please tell me. .. Has the triband helped with your reception? I know I'm out of luck, but I'm STILL very curious! Thanks!

This is my first Samsung, but maybe I can still add something.

I have very weak reception in my house. My HTC kept dropping calls, and I had to step outside to make a clear call.
My daughter came to visit over Christmas. She has a S3, and her husband has a S4 (not a tri-band), neither of them had any problem with calls.

My son-in-law is a VP in his company, and spent a few hours on the phone every day, he had no reception complaints.

I bought my S4 (tri-band) because of that. I still only get 1 bar in my house, but no dropped calls or breakup in the 2 1/2 weeks I have had it.

I think the Samsung S series get better reception, but I'm not sure the tri-band is any better than the dual-band.

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I feel better because I quit using my HTC when I went to S4. After reading this I feel better about the reception I may have in Ohio. It's NEVER been a problem in Texas with either phone and going to Ohio is the only reason I would have given up my much loved HTC! The test will come on Wednesday. .. I'm holding my breath for good reception! ! I don't feel comfortable taking my 82 yr old mother out in snow and cold for her appointments with a phone that I can't depend on in case of emergencies 😟

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
For anyone who has Sprint and poor home or work reception just call customer care and order an Airave. It is free and your own cell tower in your house hooked up through the Internet. I have full bars in my 40yr old concrete condo next to a river with no cell tower on my street. Not sure how it pertains to the LTE signal but talk and text will be at full bars on the Airave. Hope this helps.

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
This is my first Samsung, but maybe I can still add something.

I have very weak reception in my house. My HTC kept dropping calls, and I had to step outside to make a clear call.
My daughter came to visit over Christmas. She has a S3, and her husband has a S4 (not a tri-band), neither of them had any problem with calls.

My son-in-law is a VP in his company, and spent a few hours on the phone every day, he had no reception complaints.

I bought my S4 (tri-band) because of that. I still only get 1 bar in my house, but no dropped calls or breakup in the 2 1/2 weeks I have had it.

I think the Samsung S series get better reception, but I'm not sure the tri-band is any better than the dual-band.

You won't see any changes in reception unless sprint has rolled out 4g on their 800mhz band in which case you'd be in their new spark network.

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I am getting great reception at home. It's only in Ohio where I have problems and Airave won't help when I'm out of the house and THAT is where the problems begin. .. outside 😞 They have the WORST service in that area than any I've seen anywhere. .. And it's the most important for me because of having my 82 year old mother out for appointments, driving in snow that I'm not used to and just being afraid of needing the phone in an emergency situation. It's at beautiful state BUT their cell phone reception is HORRIBLE. Maybe this year 'towers will be fixed and working by Monday or Thursday' will really happen. I've been waiting for Monday for 3 years now! 😠

hardrocker89

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I am getting great reception at home. It's only in Ohio where I have problems and Airave won't help when I'm out of the house and THAT is where the problems begin. .. outside 😞 They have the WORST service in that area than any I've seen anywhere. .. And it's the most important for me because of having my 82 year old mother out for appointments, driving in snow that I'm not used to and just being afraid of needing the phone in an emergency situation. It's at beautiful state BUT their cell phone reception is HORRIBLE. Maybe this year 'towers will be fixed and working by Monday or Thursday' will really happen. I've been waiting for Monday for 3 years now! 😠

I know what you mean exactly here in Oklahoma. I

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463