Sprint Galaxy S4: Stock SMS app notification

Aaron_Tram

May 9, 2011
Visit site
New SMS messages trigger a notification with a preview of the message. If you swipe that message away, it is not cleared from the stock app's new messages and then triggers another new notification about a minute later. Keeps doing this until you read the message within the stock app. Is there a way to clear the notification and mark the message as read without going in to the app and to the specific contact's message thread? This isn't a deal breaker but is a little annoying.

I have previously used handcent and a couple of others but can't remember if they have a feature like I'm looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Stock SMS app notification

Textra has the feature youre looking for, so does go and handcent. I've never experienced what you are describing though with the stock sms app. Once its pushed away, I dont hear from it again unless I get another message.

Aaron_Tram

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Hadn't used Textra before and decided to try it. The pop up notification which allows you to reply right away or simply close it after reading and it is marked as read is perfect. I was a wondering if, within the contacts app, the swipe left on a contact to send a message (or right to call) would work with Textra which it does.
Thanks!

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site

I use 8sms and it has a read button in the notification area

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member