Connected to 4G LTE, but still no Data Connection!!

sew3663

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
This has happened in two places, Wichita and now Dallas.

I usually listen to tunein or iheart radio while I am working...streaming various stations. I start every work day with connectivity until about lunchtime or shortly thereafter...then the feed stops. I check my phone and I still have 4 bars of LTE and the up-down arrows show I am receiving and sending data (I assume that is what they are for). I shut down the phone. Then take out the battery. Then start it back up... Still no connectivity. I can send and receive texts and calls just fine.

This lasts until I am done with work. I have wifi at home, so I am not sure when it starts to come back. Every weekday at work, at various times between 11AM-3PM this begins and lasts for hours... in TWO cities.

The frustrating thing is that it recognizes the 4G LTE signal and still does nothing.

What could it be?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It might be there is a problem with the handoff from 3G to 4G. You can try turning on Airplane mode for a few seconds and see if that helps.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you set it to cdma only to see if 3g works? It could be an issue with the tower or the phone.

Maybe try to see if you can connect to another tower for 4GLTE?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

sew3663

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. It didn't happen today, so I was lucky.

I have tried the airplane mode on/off. I also have changed to Automatic, CDMA Only, and LTE/CDMA without any luck. Do I need to do a restart after these setting changes. I don't believe I did that.

I talked to the people at the Sprint Store and they didn't know what to do except update the PRL and Profile...

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Those guys at the store normally don't know anything.

I believe the phone restarts anyway when you change from automatic or CDMA to LTE. But no, you don't need to but it doesn't hurt to restart.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. It didn't happen today, so I was lucky.

I have tried the airplane mode on/off. I also have changed to Automatic, CDMA Only, and LTE/CDMA without any luck. Do I need to do a restart after these setting changes. I don't believe I did that.

I talked to the people at the Sprint Store and they didn't know what to do except update the PRL and Profile...

It honestly sounds like a tower issue, perhaps they are working on the tower? Or some issue with it.

If it was a phone issue then it should happen all the time at that specific spot, which isn't the case.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It honestly sounds like a tower issue, perhaps they are working on the tower? Or some issue with it.

If it was a phone issue then it should happen all the time at that specific spot, which isn't the case.

I agree. 👆

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon