Anyone experience delays with receiving text messages using stock messaging app?

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife has the S4 and lately has been having sporadic issues with receiving text messages. In some cases, the message is being received as much as a day after it was sent. Anyone else having this issue?

Not sure if there's a connection here, but seems to have been happening since she installed the most recent software update. Her phone is running Android 4.4.2 build KOT49H.L720TVPUBNG5.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to add that I'm also on Sprint, but have the LG G2. I'm not experiencing this issue, which makes me think it's not a network issue. Maybe it's a software issue?

Ray Capone

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a Note 3, working with Android 4.4.2 and a message with three large picture attachments just took about 10 minutes to come through.

I had earlier problems in getting Apple iMessages through to my phone, but I hadn't closed my old Apple account fully and those on my contact list with iPhones were sending to a closed iMessage account until I had them turn off iMessage on their phones.

luquidjac

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My mother-in-law is having the same problem with delays in receiving text messages. She just got the S4 and has been having problems since. I came here hoping to find a solution, but I guess I will have to wait. I don't know if it is region specific or not, but we are located in South Central PA.

qz0xr3

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, when I changed the network settings from CDMA/LTE to CDMA, she seemed to not have any issues with receiving text. Down side is now she's not getting LTE speeds. She's happy though because how her texts are coming through.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay