Battery draining issue since mid-August

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Since an OTA update I got in August, my battery life has sucked. I originally thought it just was the Simpsons Tapped Out taking up more battery life, but this appears to not be the case (as I started playing the game on my tablet instead of my GS4 and the problem continues). I spend $15 and bought a second battery, but it had the issues too.

This morning at 9 AM, my phone left the charger with 100% battery. At 1:55 PM, it was down to 10%, and all I used it for in between was to check some mail (only one 30sec phone call). Anyone else having the same problems?

Before I shut the system down and switched to the original battery (which was precharged), it said the Android system was taking up about 55% of the battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It would also be helpful to do the following:

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Since an OTA update I got in August, my battery life has sucked. I originally thought it just was the Simpsons Tapped Out taking up more battery life, but this appears to not be the case (as I started playing the game on my tablet instead of my GS4 and the problem continues). I spend $15 and bought a second battery, but it had the issues too.

This morning at 9 AM, my phone left the charger with 100% battery. At 1:55 PM, it was down to 10%, and all I used it for in between was to check some mail (only one 30sec phone call). Anyone else having the same problems?

Before I shut the system down and switched to the original battery (which was precharged), it said the Android system was taking up about 55% of the battery.

Try shutting "Locations" off in the phone settings, and see if that does it for you, it did it for me. The pain with doing this is that whenever you use the navigation, you will have to turn in on. But it is worth it for the battery life.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

I noticed that for me, the battery drain was from the "locations" being turned on all the time. I went into settings >> more >> and turned the Locations to off. This saved my battery. I only turn it on when I need to use the Navigation. Hope this helps.

smooothie

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same problem since the update. Most times the phone seems to run down within a couple of hours doing nothing. Disabling auto brightness helped a little. The battery monitor doesn't always seem to display the culprit & the apps listed along with their percentages don't seem to be unusually high. Lately, though, WiFi calling has accounted for 20% battery & I barely make calls.

A factory reset hasn't seemed to help either.

Posted via the Android Central App