otterbox confusion....

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
My brother dropped his galaxy S4 that is in an otterbox case and the S4 broke. I mean it is broke broke. The screen didn't crack or anything but the screen is all garbled when you press the power button. Its like mostly black with some small squares of various colors in lines near the top of the screen and one white line from side to side about 1/4 of the way down the screen. When the screen is off there are some darker lines you can see when looking at the screen near the upper right corner that aren't seen when looking at my S4. He called otterbox with my phone to get them to replace the phone and they told him they don't do that. So that has him and I confused since they "guarantee" your phone won't break in their case. By definition that means they pay to replace your phone if it breaks. That's what a guarantee is. Suffice to say he is royally pissed and just ran off to best buy to buy a new phone. But I'm wondering if we have something here where we can do something to make them pay for his phone? Just a thought I had here and interested in hearing from ya'll here on this. I know I would be super pissed too if I were him.

Newsteel

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
If they stated they dont replace phones , read their "guarantee" its gotta be online somewhere... if there's no mention of replacements, your assumption is just that. They will possibly respond to a viral thread on a forum only if they follow them . Other than that, you're sol. Sorry about his mishap.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk