Phone went into the ocean, got it working fine but I now have no speaker or mic. Can they be replaced and where can I buy the parts?
    03-09-2015 01:56 PM
    They can be, but the phone is probably going to go completely bad so soon that it doesn't pay to spend anything on it. Read Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!. If you had a pan of alcohol right there you'd have a small chance of saving it, but 2 minutes after it hit the water it was too late. (Read the guide - use baggies from now on. I've dipped phones and radios out of the water with fish nets and never had a problem. [Rinse the outer bag well with fresh water, then let it dry overnight, before opening anything.])

If you're really determined to try, look on eBay. The speaker is about $5. I couldn't find any mic boards at the moment.

(And, as always, I strongly suggest that if you don't have experience working on cellphones you don't even open yours. Leave the screws in place. [Anything you can get at by just removing the battery cover is fair game.])
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-09-2015 07:48 PM