Hello everyone!

I've had my S4 for near 2 years now and have never had an issue until now. My phone wouldn't charge initially and was vibrating every 2 seconds so luckily enough i had another battery and I changed it. I got it to charge and thought everything was fine. Then i plugged it in and it says it was charging but it'd still slowly die. I have multiple chargers and I keep switching them and nothing will work. If i take my battery out and fumble with my phone for a bit i'll sometimes get it to charge again. Now everyone recommends a factory reset however I have never backed my phone up onto my computer and I don't know how trustful the auto syncs are. I have a ton of important pictures on my device from international traveling. Sadly, when I try and connect it to my computer it says the device is malfunctioned and cannot be recognized. I've tried multiple times to redownload the driver to get it to work and it still won't recognize it. I have no clue what to do and I don't think i can even get it to charge again.

Anyone have any clue what to do or where to start?

Also I've cleaned all points of contact to the battery and the charging port as well. At first it wouldn't recognize a charger being in the phone and now it does but doesn't charge which im not sure had to do with the cleaning.

Help?!!
    03-25-2015 03:28 PM
    It sounds to me like the USB port might be faulty now. You can back up your files using Kies Air or other file managers via WiFi, or upload everything to a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive. Doing a factory reset WILL wipe all of your data, and backing up your phone to Kies will only restore a certain portion of it, not personal files.
    03-25-2015 04:12 PM