First of all, I don't understand most of the other technical terms in the other messages in this discussion area.
    So, I need to know where to "go" to get help, please. I spent 2.5 hours on the floor with the air rave cust svc rep 2 weeks ago getting the air rave going that I've had since last Sept., and she got it working, or at least it had green lights flashing, BUT, it wasn't able to test positively from her end when she had me dial I think #99 or *99. She told me to wait 15 minutes, to allow it to take effect, and when I asked her what if it still didn't work, she said to call back. It was a Sunday, and of course they were closed when I called back ( which I will have to admit, I waited 30 minutes, instead of 15).

Then, the next week, they billed me $140 for the air rave for not returning it, along with my $98 bill, and left me a message to pay or it would be disconnected that day!

I was furious! BUT, like usual, I couldn't call them, because I didn't have good enough reception to call out, so had to chat online. They asked me to call the air rave dept to discuss the billing. Answered something like would LOVE to, but CAN'T USE MY PHONE, like USUAL!!! In addition my phone doesn't ring when people call me because of the poor reception but at least in the past it would ding if they left a message or texted me, but it doesn't even do that now!

Now, it also won't even hold a charge. It just sounds like a car battery trying to charge, that isn't able to. And my husband isn't here during the day, so I'm stuck here with no phone, and his handicapped brother that is in the middle of testing to find out how he had a heart attack without knowing it!!! Plus I am disabled myself. And then my 79 year old mother who had chest pains yesterday, wasn't able to reach me today at all, nor me her! And my hubby has a business trip coming up soon! When I went to the Sprint store a few weeks ago to question what to do, they told me to turn the wi-fi on when home and off when not at home and pay $20 more a month for a house phone from them!

On top of all of this, about 2 years ago, the 911 operator could not stay on the phone with me, while the paramedics were on their way to rush me to the hospital. I had an allergic reaction to a new prescription medication. My throat and tongue were swollen and I couldn't breathe, and barely talk. She was trying to stay on the phone with me while they were on their way to my house. The Sprint CSR, later provided me with a refund of a couple of about $60 or so, and was extremely apologetic, BUT now I am so fearful of the time coming up when my hubby goes on his business trip, my brother-in-law in bad shape with his health, and my not knowing how my mom is right now! NO phone, and how much am I paying!!!!

Do you think that this bares getting out of my contract 1 year early???? On disability, can't afford to just buy a new phone.
    03-28-2015 12:31 AM
    First of all, I don't understand most of the other technical terms in the other messages in this discussion area.
    So, I need to know where to "go" to get help, please. I spent 2.5 hours on the floor with the air rave cust svc rep 2 weeks ago getting the air rave going that I've had since last Sept., and she got it working, or at least it had green lights flashing, BUT, it wasn't able to test positively from her end when she had me dial I think #99 or *99. She told me to wait 15 minutes, to allow it to take effect, and when I asked her what if it still didn't work, she said to call back. It was a Sunday, and of course they were closed when I called back ( which I will have to admit, I waited 30 minutes, instead of 15).

Then, the next week, they billed me $140 for the air rave for not returning it, along with my $98 bill, and left me a message to pay or it would be disconnected that day!

I was furious! BUT, like usual, I couldn't call them, because I didn't have good enough reception to call out, so had to chat online. They asked me to call the air rave dept to discuss the billing. Answered something like would LOVE to, but CAN'T USE MY PHONE, like USUAL!!! In addition my phone doesn't ring when people call me because of the poor reception but at least in the past it would ding if they left a message or texted me, but it doesn't even do that now!

Now, it also won't even hold a charge. It just sounds like a car battery trying to charge, that isn't able to. And my husband isn't here during the day, so I'm stuck here with no phone, and his handicapped brother that is in the middle of testing to find out how he had a heart attack without knowing it!!! Plus I am disabled myself. And then my 79 year old mother who had chest pains yesterday, wasn't able to reach me today at all, nor me her! And my hubby has a business trip coming up soon! When I went to the Sprint store a few weeks ago to question what to do, they told me to turn the wi-fi on when home and off when not at home and pay $20 more a month for a house phone from them!

On top of all of this, about 2 years ago, the 911 operator could not stay on the phone with me, while the paramedics were on their way to rush me to the hospital. I had an allergic reaction to a new prescription medication. My throat and tongue were swollen and I couldn't breathe, and barely talk. She was trying to stay on the phone with me while they were on their way to my house. The Sprint CSR, later provided me with a refund of a couple of about $60 or so, and was extremely apologetic, BUT now I am so fearful of the time coming up when my hubby goes on his business trip, my brother-in-law in bad shape with his health, and my not knowing how my mom is right now! NO phone, and how much am I paying!!!!

Do you think that this bares getting out of my contract 1 year early???? On disability, can't afford to just buy a new phone.
    UPDATE - I did go to Walmart today, and did buy a 2 amp charger and wire. This made a WORLD of difference towards charging my phone when normally when it goes completely dead, and does the problem that I mentioned, i.e. sounding like a dead car battery sound. Usually, it charges just a tiny amount, and then whatever I am trying to do like texting or calling someone while it is still plugged in charging, it immediately turns itself off. NOT today with the 2 amp generic charger! So, due to the needs of my handicapped brother-in-law, I never made it to the Sprint repair store, but at least I have a phone for emergencies thank God!
    03-29-2015 01:16 AM