Hello!

Raw newbie here - got this phone from my son who had reset it. Set it up and all was running well.
    Set up my homepage, got my apps downloaded and organized by page.

Dunno if it was after an update or not, but I cannot move any icons, either to sort or to trash them. Any long press does not work at all; the app immediately opens. Am I missing something here?

I even resorted to a full reset, but the problem still is hounding me - looked through a web search for answers and found your forum. Searched this forum and haven't found any leads as of yet!

If there is anyone else who has run into this I would love hearing from you!
    01-13-2016 09:30 AM
    Reboot and try again and also you could perform a Hard Reset.
    01-13-2016 09:48 AM
    Thanks for contacting me - unfortunately, I have done both - no change in terms of this issue. I am leaning towards it being a bug in an update, but just looking to see if others have encountered it!

Have a great day!
    01-13-2016 09:53 AM
    That's strange. Just in case you could check which screen mode is enabled. Go to settings - my device - home screen mode and make sure that standard mode is selected.
    01-13-2016 10:32 AM
    Hello!

Thanks for the reply - I have gone into settings/my device - under personalization, there is an entry for "Easy mode" but there is no entry for home screen mode - is this the one? If so, when I change over to easy mode there is no difference in how the icons respond - changed it back to standard mode and the problem still exists.

Is there a potential that some update that was done on the phone has caused the glitch? My software version is L720TVPUCOK3. The hardware version is L720T.03. It would appear that the Android version is 5.0.1.

Thanks again!
    01-13-2016 04:44 PM
    If even a factory reset didn't fix the problem I'm not sure what else to suggest. You could try using a custom launcher such as Nova and see if it works.
    01-13-2016 05:07 PM
    Thanks for the reply - I am trying out Nova, Hola, Solo and GO launchers - all of them refuse to respond to a long press and immediately open the app - I like the way Hola sort my apps for me, so I guess I'll just run with that launcher and quit agonizing over this issue!

Thanks for the lead on launchers; I had no clue about them until you steered me in the right direction - told you I was a raw newbie!

Have a great day!
    01-14-2016 12:37 PM
    Maybe TouchWiz is having hiccups, which is known to cause a frozen screen (maybe your frozen icons are a similar problem). You might be able to clear the cache on TW via the Application Mgr, but in doing so it will likely wipe out any custom home screens. IF clearing the TW cache fixes the frozen icons, you can always re-create those custom screens.
    01-16-2016 05:52 PM
    To everyone who responded to this thread I apologize - the fix for this problem turned out to be a little difficult but in the end was not an Android issue whatsoever.

I had gotten this phone with a cracked screen; shopping around I bought a new one and removed the old one via heat gun and a playing card between digitizer and glass. Being leery of LOCA glue, I mounted the new one with just perimeter 3M tape. Sensitivity seemed fine and functions seemed to be working, since I received it reset and did a fresh setup; however, that is when this "long pause" issue was noted.

On a hunch and with some apprehension, I bought a LOCA glue/UV light kit from Amazon which just came in the mail. While the game was on last night, I applied 1.4ml of the glue, applied the screen very slowly (in order to prevent air pockets and resultant bubbles under the glass) and used the light to UV cure the glue - it's a small light and took 90 minutes or so to do.

After residual glue cleanup and reassembly, I now find that all touch functions perform flawlessly and the long pause is actually recognized; I can move and delete apps without any issues whatsoever - looks like I have a new phone!

I just thought after your responses that I should follow up and let you know what the resolution was on this - the local guy wanted $120 to do the job; my parts from Amazon came in at about $20 and a joker from my deck of cards, along with my labor of course!

Thanks again one and all - have a great weekend!
    01-17-2016 11:02 AM
    OK that's great. I mis-typed my suggestion about TouchWiz. Meant to say put some LOCA on it. Glad I could help!
    01-17-2016 11:38 AM
    Glad you managed to fix it and thanks for the follow up!
    01-17-2016 11:58 AM