Anyone know if XPRT will work on USA GSM?
    Does it come unlocked like the Sprint Bold/Tour?

Thanks
    07-10-2011 09:55 AM

Thanks
    Since no one would answer... I just checked in at my brothers Sprint store for ya. The answer is NO it does not come unlocked out of the box. And like the other "World Phones" before it (Bold excluded) you need someone with a Sprint account to get the unlock codes and actually unlock the phone.

Hope that helps
    07-11-2011 03:38 PM

Thanks
    As much *** we would like it to.
    The XPRT is not allowed to use the GSM network in the Lower 48.
    There is really no technical reason why it wont work.
    It has to do with the cell phone regs.
    It is only allowed to use GSM outside the continental U.S.
    There is a seperate app in the phone that you use when you are outside the continental U.S.

Here is the GSM map as is programmed onto the SIM card

http://internationalroaming.sprint.c...CID=vanity:sww
    07-12-2011 08:09 AM
    Since no one would answer... I just checked in at my brothers Sprint store for ya. The answer is NO it does not come unlocked out of the box. And like the other "World Phones" before it (Bold excluded) you need someone with a Sprint account to get the unlock codes and actually unlock the phone.

Hope that helps

Partially untrue..

The phone comes unlocked for international carriers. I'm using my (sprint) XPRT in Europe right now (voice & 3G) with a Vodafone SIM card that I didn't purchase from sprint. No unlock required, I just inserted the SIM and chose a network. But, you are correct in saying you cannot use it on any US GSM carriers.
    07-16-2011 06:45 AM
    Does anyone know how you can unlock it, or already have an unlock code, or know of an unlock code generator? Anything at all that can let other US networks use this phone????
    05-10-2012 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD