Virus?

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
So i woke up this morning and i find 3 extra icons on my phone. 2 were for funny joke icons and the other was some sort of Google page. the phone itself was extremely laggy and buggy, could not do anything with it not even check emails or texting. But i managed after a great amount of frustration and patients to download a antivirus program. i ran it and it found nothing. i did a battery pull and the phone seemed to go back to normal but the Icons were still there. this time around i was able to put them in the trash. phone seems to be running fine now, did another virus check and still nothing found, downloaded a different antivirus app and ran a scan and it also found nothing. weird isnt it? I kept the antivirus program, but should i still worry?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So i woke up this morning and i find 3 extra icons on my phone. 2 were for funny joke icons and the other was some sort of Google page. the phone itself was extremely laggy and buggy, could not do anything with it not even check emails or texting. But i managed after a great amount of frustration and patients to download a antivirus program. i ran it and it found nothing. i did a battery pull and the phone seemed to go back to normal but the Icons were still there. this time around i was able to put them in the trash. phone seems to be running fine now, did another virus check and still nothing found, downloaded a different antivirus app and ran a scan and it also found nothing. weird isnt it? I kept the antivirus program, but should i still worry?

Viruses are not to often seen on phones but it can happen. If the apps you used didn't find anything then its a safe bet your alright. Most likely the apps or icons you found on your device somehow were loaded there from something you did and didn't realize it and were running in the background consuming system resources in return creating the lag.

Sounds like you go it resolved by throwing em in the trash so hopefully that is the end of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante