Disable home keys/unlock screen vibration

Dcook87

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to disable the vibration when you press one of the 4 capacitive keys below the screen? Turning off haptic feedback only disables vibration on a screen touch, but does not disable vibration on pressing the home keys.

Also, anyone know how to disable the vibration on the unlock screen? I cannot seem to find a setting for this as well.

valwat1

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Ive had my phone a little over a week and i tried to disable all of the vibration that i could to conserve battery life. I have never found a setting to disable the haptic feedback from the 4 soft keys but i believe to disable other vibrations i went under settings-sounds-general-vibrate-only in silent mode. I think that did it. Its been a long week trying to figure out the UI but its worth it. Alot has been hit or miss but i hope this helps.

CeluGeek

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had three Android phones so far, and the vibration when unlocking and when pressing the capacitive buttons below the touchscreen cannot be disabled, at least not through the normal UI... hacking may be a different story though.

lord dredd

May 13, 2011
Visit site
well i am well versed with how android OS works , have used all OS s since eclair to Jellybean
its pretty strange that in this phone you cant disable the vibration upon touching the 4 touch keys,
would be grateful if someone can tell us how to kill this particular vibration :p i hate it way too much really.

FYI : in normal circumstances its not possible to disable the vibration while unlocking on ANDROID OS.

Ahmed Medhat

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I think that option called power saving can solve your problem just go sitting --> power saving mode sitting ( but remember to thank egyptians because they help everybody . Egypt the mother of Technology )

- - - Updated - - -

I think that option called power saving can solve your problem just go sitting --> power saving mode sitting ( but remember to thank egyptians because they help everybody . Egypt the mother of Technology )

Thamarai lingam

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Download applicaion called "Spare parts +" from the play store. once the application is installed Uncheck the option "Haptic Feedback". the pattern won't vibrate then.

Ade Suryani

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
If you want to switch-off the screen of your Asus Zenfone 2, double tap/click the upper screen close to the logo. And if you want to switch on, double tap/click the lower screen close to the home symbol.

Kristaps Lukstins

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to disable the vibration when you press one of the 4 capacitive keys below the screen? Turning off haptic feedback only disables vibration on a screen touch, but does not disable vibration on pressing the home keys.

Also, anyone know how to disable the vibration on the unlock screen? I cannot seem to find a setting for this as well.

On asus phone
Settings >>>> sound &notification>>>> other sounds>>> turn all off... and ur done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris_N

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem when setting up a Numy Note 9 tablet for a friend. It would vibrate when touching the home key and keyboard. There are two things I had to do to turn the touch sounds and vibration off. The tablet is not in front of me know but this is what I remember.

Under settings /language and input/ there was provision to turn off touch sounds and vibration while using the keypad. However the tablet would still vibrate when touching the home screen button.

To turn off this vibration as well I had to go to settings / profiles (or sound profiles I can't remember) / Select the active profile eg General profile. Next to the General profile settings there is an icon to adjust the options of this profile. There you can turn vibration off permanently.

I hope this information will be able to help someone.

Kind regards
Chris

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma