Fully deodexed version of the stock ROM now with files.

tcaudill01

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I have made a fully deodexed version of the stock ROM if anyone is interested in it.
Deodexing allows the editing and theming of any app or the framework of the phone. To better demonstrate this, I have an accompanying post that shows a fully themed version of our ROM that I also made and will post if there is enough interest.

If you want me to post this up with installation instructions, then post a reply here.

Tim

********* Files and instructions below *************

General Disclaimer The following is only a guide and as such you are taking full responsibility for following it. If your phone breaks or becomes unusable after attempting this guide, I am in no way responsible for your decisions, actions or condition of your phone

Before you start, you MUST have root access and MUST have CWM installed. If you are smart, you will also perform a sync to backup up all your most current data and make a backup of anything you don't want to risk loosing. You should also go to CWM and make a system backup in case anything goes wrong.

Here is the zipped unthemed framework
http://www.mediafire.com/?6dumn6v4lpyxldc

Here is the zipped unthemed apps
http://www.mediafire.com/?x9od8hays7yy3to

Make two folders on your PC where you can find them. Name one "deo_framework" and the other "deo_apps"
Unzip the framework zip file to the folder named "deo_framework", then unzip the app zip file to the folder named "deo_apps".
Now connect your phone to your PC and connect it as USB Mass Storage. Copy both of the folders you just created to the root of your SD card.
Once the transfer is complete, we will need to open a command prompt and do some work with "ADB".
From the command prompt, enter the following commands exactly as listed here.

adb shell
su
stop
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/deo_apps/* /system/app/
cp /sdcard/deo_framework/* /system/framework/
rm /system/app/*.odex
rm /system/framework/*.odex
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
reboot

The reboot will take several minutes to complete the first time.

When your phone reboots, you will be running a fully deodexed ROM.

>>

The second option is to download this zipped CWM backup.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wuzw66q64gf1old

Unzip it and copy the enclosed folder and it's entire contents in the "/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/" folder on your SD card. Boot into CWM, go to "Wipe data/factory reset" and wipe all user data (NOTE: You will loose everything you have on the phone. Also you do not have to perform this step but I cannot guarantee it will work correctly" once complete, go to "Backup and Restore", select "restore" and choose "Base.deodex.no.data" and restore. This will get you back to a squeaky clean deodexed XPRT install.

Last edited:

crailey01

May 8, 2011
Visit site
How do I get CWM installed on the XPRT?

Oh, by the way, I am rooted and have the Droid 2 Bootstrapper installed. Is that the same as having CWM installed?

Thanks!

tcaudill01

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
How do I get CWM installed on the XPRT?

Oh, by the way, I am rooted and have the Droid 2 Bootstrapper installed. Is that the same as having CWM installed?

Thanks!

This is the directions I used to get CWM installed (Motorola XPRT - xda-developers) post#5 & 6.
Basicly, once you are rooted, use ROM Manager from the market and install the recovery for the DROID-2. Then use the boot strapper to reboot into it.

Hope this helps.

MalikJLJ

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the files man. It's been such a ***** trying to undo the crappy GUI changes Motorola made.

@crailey01: No there are no custom ROMs for this phone

Last edited:

louiev70

May 4, 2012
Visit site
what can i use to root mine? its got the boost on it , would like to get cwm goin? ty in advance for everything thus far, rock on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci