Can anyone...

zeropcs

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Comment on this phone? I am thinking of getting one for my GF, she loves the Bold keyboard but hates the BB platform...

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it is great phone with power and great feel to it. I believe it is the better phone compared to the other candy bar styled Samsung Replenish. I sold my Epic 4G for this phone so go figure :)

zeropcs

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, can anyone comment to the battery life? I know it has a monsterbattery, but what is real world usage on his?

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, can anyone comment to the battery life? I know it has a monsterbattery, but what is real world usage on his?
Not sure how this will help you but it is better than on my Epic, battery life that is. Last night I began to browse the web using wi-fi and play around with all the different apps while at around 40% battery.

Got it down to about 15% and got the low battery warning but it never went down. It took what it seemed like, quite a bit of time for it to get down to that. All I can say is try it out, you will have 30 days to do so depending how you acquire the device.

I like it, liked my Epic as well but sliders aren't my cup of tea.

techsamaritan

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Loving this phone!

Just got it yesterday. Selling both my HTC Evo Shift and Blackberry 9650 to pay it off! No more sliders for me and the web browser is just pathetic on the Bb. Android has better cheaper apps. Phone feels solid, great battery life for me, using it all the time for text, gtalk, email, youtube, podcasts, no problems going a whole day w/o charging. Keyboard isn't as good as the bb's but its totally functional. The graphics could be better, the live wallpapers look grainy...hopefully next year's version will have much better screen res. For that, this phone gets a 8/10! I'm not made at this version of Moto-blur either...too bad HTC doesn't believe in candybar physical keyboard phones. Hopefully, this will hold me so my wife won't put me out!!!

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got it yesterday. Selling both my HTC Evo Shift and Blackberry 9650 to pay it off! No more sliders for me and the web browser is just pathetic on the Bb. Android has better cheaper apps. Phone feels solid, great battery life for me, using it all the time for text, gtalk, email, youtube, podcasts, no problems going a whole day w/o charging. Keyboard isn't as good as the bb's but its totally functional. The graphics could be better, the live wallpapers look grainy...hopefully next year's version will have much better screen res. For that, this phone gets a 8/10! I'm not made at this version of Moto-blur either...too bad HTC doesn't believe in candybar physical keyboard phones. Hopefully, this will hold me so my wife won't put me out!!!
That would be a DREAM phone HTC -XPRT styled device!...

I know this might sound crazy to you guys but i WISH the Nexus 3 was built like this style.. i mean come one Google you've had 2 Nexus's with the same all touch screen, give the users soem choices! Heck even make the NX3 with 2 available models, this type and all touch screen!

zeropcs

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
WOW guys, thanks for the quick replies... This seems like it is totally the device for her... I really appreciate it...

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
hey if u like the blackberry form style of phone the XPRT is not to far off. the keyboard take about 15 minutes to get used to but once u do u fly just like a BB. the phone is a true BB killer. fast OS, way faster browser, huge app options, and the battery life is stellar... i use the phone all day texting checking emails little bit of browsing checking the market, just messing with phone and from off the charger at 9 am till i go to bed at 2 am, most times im still at 50% charge not to shabby for an android device. trust me u will love it...

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
can anyone tell me if they have or have launcher Pro on there device? what does it do? would it make the phone preform better? please help

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
My wife had the Verizon version and she didn't like it. Of course the Android operating system is better but she didn't like the feel of the phone. She said the keyboard wasn't as good as her 9650. So she went back to her BlackBerry and hasn't regretted it. I think it was a bad choice to go back to a bb. But that'd just me.

anon(66956)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
can anyone tell me if they have or have launcher Pro on there device? what does it do? would it make the phone preform better? please help

I have Launcher Pro running on my XPRT now. I have the purchased version so I can use the LP widgets. LP works well on the XPRT. I like MOTOBLUR on the XPRT except for when you move to another home screen. The dock has a transition effect that I don't like.

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have Launcher Pro running on my XPRT now. I have the purchased version so I can use the LP widgets. LP works well on the XPRT. I like MOTOBLUR on the XPRT except for when you move to another home screen. The dock has a transition effect that I don't like.
I use Launcher Pro as well, the transition effects, etc can all be adjusted from the launcher preference settings. You can turn off most if not all of the effects you do not like.

I have only had maybe a couple of times that the launcher force closed. It only happened when I was fooling with the preferences and making major changes, the launcher works awesomely. I had that kind of thing happen even on my Epic, etc.

cheech73

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Launcher Pro as well, the transition effects, etc can all be adjusted from the launcher preference settings. You can turn off most if not all of the effects you do not like.

I have only had maybe a couple of times that the launcher force closed. It only happened when I was fooling with the preferences and making major changes, the launcher works awesomely. I had that kind of thing happen even on my Epic, etc.

is the phone faster with launcher pro? how does it affect battery life?

excalis

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
is the phone faster with launcher pro? how does it affect battery life?

Performance seems fine as does the battery life. I felt that the Moto Blur was fine but since I had purchased Launcher Pro, I use it, plus it allows for extra customization that you cannot do on the standard launcher.

On this phone, I feel that the default launcher was better that Touch Wiz on the Epic and Sense on the Aria. That is my opinion :)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
For those who like to play games, game play on the Droid Pro from what I can recall was stellar. I remember doing neocore benchmark and was in the high 70s.

anon(66956)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Excalis,

I was referring to the dock transition effects in MOTOBLUR, not Launcher Pro. I switched to Launcher Pro because the dock doesn't do anything when swipe to the next home screen.

glamisfanatic

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I really like this phone..I myself have the epic but I talked my dad into getting the xprt. I've put ads launcher and other cool apps on for him. The battery works well for him, he is constantly on his phone all day for work.... only thing stopping me from getting this phone is its lack of 4g, and high resolution screen like my epic has. Other than that its a good phone

v_sprad#AC

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I really like this phone..I myself have the epic but I talked my dad into getting the xprt. I've put ads launcher and other cool apps on for him. The battery works well for him, he is constantly on his phone all day for work.... only thing stopping me from getting this phone is its lack of 4g, and high resolution screen like my epic has. Other than that its a good phone

I actually sold my Epic to pay for my XPRT. Nothing against the Epic, but I hated the size, bulk, and sliding keyboard. Plus there isn't going to be 4g in my area until 2012 so no big deal on that.

The XPRT may not be for everyone,, but I like it better than any smart phone I have ever used on the Sprint Network,,, (Which is basically all of them, since my brother owns 3 Authorized Sprint stores in Birmingham....lol)