Major 4G announcement coming in the Fall

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope this is when they announce the LTE service, that be sooo sweet! Along with a couple of devices announcements/releases...IT WOULD BE THE BEST FALL EVER!!!!! :D:D:D

tonyparisi

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Look at the quote... It will all become clear...

Remember who they are partners with CLEARwire (clear.com)... interesting and odd choice of words at the end so it I bet money it has to do with clearwire and wimax

No markets brought up for last 6 months... and now it will ALL BECOME CLEAR. I bet a massive network turn on around the nation. On clear.com's coverage map you can see some towers activating everywhere but not at full strength. I bet they will come on all together and sprint wants the big announcement of a more real NATION wide wimax not just a few major markets.

The press stopped following each market turn on. The other week Verizon turned on LTE in my city never hit the news or notice but in inner tech circles. Sprint I bet want free national talk and coverage with the turn on so people remember even though they are small they are doing the big things.

NMherron

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Look at the quote... It will all become clear...

Remember who they are partners with CLEARwire (clear.com)... interesting and odd choice of words at the end so it I bet money it has to do with clearwire and wimax

No markets brought up for last 6 months... and now it will ALL BECOME CLEAR. I bet a massive network turn on around the nation. On clear.com's coverage map you can see some towers activating everywhere but not at full strength. I bet they will come on all together and sprint wants the big announcement of a more real NATION wide wimax not just a few major markets.

The press stopped following each market turn on. The other week Verizon turned on LTE in my city never hit the news or notice but in inner tech circles. Sprint I bet want free national talk and coverage with the turn on so people remember even though they are small they are doing the big things.

Clear? Pun intended, right? :D

Those areas you refer to as "not full strength" are protection sites. When the FCC auctioned off the 2.5GHz spectrum, it came with conditions on the winning bidders. One of the conditions is "minimum service requirements."

The minimum service requirements stated that they must have service in every CMA (Cellular Market Area) in the country within 4 years of licensing. This would be 2012. There are over 700 CMA's in the country.

Currently Sprint/Clear are scrambling to meet that minimum service requirement and slamming up at least one tower in every CMA in the country. CMA's that have a population greater than 250,000, they are putting up more than one tower. Two or three.

These protection sites do not have reduced signal strength. They are broadcasting at full strength. But some of them do have limited backhaul bandwidth and speeds. Some do not have as many antennas on the tower as it would for full deployment. One of the biggest problems with these protection sites is that they are being deployed often too low to the ground, and that limits the distance that the signal is being broadcast...or creates lots of pockets because of ground obstacles blocking and defracting signals.

These protection sites are just going up super fast, without full engineering and thought. Some of the signals are so spotty, that they are almost worthless. (like Binghamton and Ogdensburg, New York)

You should subscribe to my Facebook blog at: Sprint 4G Rollout Updates. Here we have live updates as Sprint 4G service information becomes available. Often days and weeks before the information goes public.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital